Warm B.cox Style Piano Clip inside
Keyflo
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Warm B.cox Style Piano Clip inside

Hey whuts up guys, Im sitting here with my sampletank and i loaded up a piano patch and i hear a lot of piano hammering down going on, and im wondering how can i get it sounding like this piano

29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

i'm right in from of my sampletank and the first preset 1920 upright piano sounds just like that with less processing

-Alxi-
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

first thing: It's more than one piano sound that is stacked.
Keyflo
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
i'm right in from of my sampletank and the first preset 1920 upright piano sounds just like that with less processing

-Alxi-
wow really hmmmmmm
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo View Post
wow really hmmmmmm
I dunno bout an upright... but any quality Yamaha C7 patch should work well
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

I mean i could be dead wrong.. that's something possible lol.. but right when i first ear it i thaught.. Upright + processsing. I was thinking maybe even that it was layered with an harp or somethnig. You can almost ear the plucking in it.. but hey.. i'm not the pro here ( and i'm not being sarcastic )

-Alxi-
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

I don't own sampletank but from what I have heard the pianos are more than decent. There is nothing special about that piano- If the line is good it should work on it.

I think the best piano libraries are synthology ivory and EWQl Pianos

Keyflo the hammering down sound comes from playing in the upper register
Keyflo
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
I don't own sampletank but from what I have heard the pianos are more than decent. There is nothing special about that piano- If the line is good it should work on it.

yeah and it sounds like he plays in the upper register, then he moves down to the middle octaves. I think that piano came from the motif im not sure.
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yes definately upper register

Funny enough the piano i like the most are the reason Piano Refill and i have tryed a few ones. Sampletank does indeed have some nice ones though.

-Alxi-
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

You wont find that in Sampletank..per se.
Its not an upright.
Its just a craqppy grand played in the upper register..nothing more..nothing less.
Very easy to achieve.

Geez..I wish that I could have some recording classes for some of y'all.

Mmmmm...
29th December 2008
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah and it sounds like he plays in the upper register, then he moves down to the middle octaves. I think that piano came from the motif im not sure.
It could come from just about anywhere.
Cubase has The Grand..PT has Mini Grand..there are many to choose from...and dont forget that most of what you hear is the player's performance.
Any decent piano player can do that with his eyes closed otr you can cheat and do it in step time,but the authenticity wont be there.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Gear addict

There is a video B Cox posted of himself working on this beat... Using the triton i think. Don't have the time to find it but youtube definitely has is.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWsounds View Post
There is a video B Cox posted of himself working on this beat... Using the triton i think. Don't have the time to find it but youtube definitely has is.
Yep..the Triton Grand sound something like that too especially C 1.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Gear maniac

Quote:
its the triton extreme that he uses for his signature piano sound.
i can get the same sound, sometimes a little nicer imo with truepiano with ease
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWsounds View Post
saw the same thing myself! Not to mention he uses a Fantom XR and Motif ES Rack! I think he has a few synth modules too!
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMusicGrp View Post
its the triton extreme that he uses for his signature piano sound.
i can get the same sound, sometimes a little nicer imo with truepiano with ease
I will once again say thats its the player more than the piano itself in this case.
All you have to doi s tweak the eq and voila!!
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysoulman View Post

Geez..I wish that I could have some recording classes for some of y'all.
If you ever give classes be sure to send me a mail

-Alxi-
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Gear maniac

there is something crazy about hiphop and pianos. most people that use them everyday (to make beats)are not even close to as good as an "ok" pianist. i for one want to start lessons to help get me away from hiphop for long enough to get some classical training.

i always wondered what it would be like to have a highly professional pianist sit down at my m-audio midi keyboard with a hypersonics piano patched in and say...."show me what you got"(i would give more respect and ask him in better wording). just a thought, try not to read into it .

Buy EastWest Pianos Virtual Instruments Collection | Piano, Keyboards & Organs | Musician's Friend

hope you have a big hard drive
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageJoe View Post
saw the same thing myself! Not to mention he uses a Fantom XR and Motif ES Rack! I think he has a few synth modules too!
All of the pianos mentioned above have a variation of that sound...its VERY VERY common and nothing special and its not some magic bullet thing.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinicalmicmusic View Post
there is something crazy about hiphop and pianos. most people that use them everyday (to make beats)are not even close to as good as an "ok" pianist. i for one want to start lessons to help get me away from hiphop for long enough to get some classical training.

i always wondered what it would be like to have a highly professional pianist sit down at my m-audio midi keyboard with a hypersonics piano patched in and say...."show me what you got"(i would give more respect and ask him in better wording). just a thought, try not to read into it .

Buy EastWest Pianos Virtual Instruments Collection | Piano, Keyboards & Organs | Musician's Friend

hope you have a big hard drive
Finally..the truth has spoken.
My sentiments exactly.

There are very few excellent piano players with real skills these days.Im not talking about some dude tapping pot a beat in step time with the beat slowed down either..

Yu are defeating the purpose with Hypersonic. as they are still "hip hop pianos"
A real pianist will just laugh at you.
Ivory ,the Grand..mini Grand. many ofhers are the ones to use otheer than a real 9 foot grand.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

IDK what it is about B. Cox's stuff but i can always listen to the same song like 8x in a row and not get tired. maybe its the songwriting, smooth instruments, Mix....IDK

like this:

Keyflo
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep..the Triton Grand sound something like that too especially C 1.
i dont think he uses the triton piano, he uses the motif for the paino and the triton is the controller..
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
i dont think he uses the triton piano, he uses the motif for the paino and the triton is the controller..
it's been in a few interviews already: he stacks alot of pianos on top of each other using motif, triton, fantom, and software. heard as much as 13 stacks at once.

now add in Sam I Am as ur mix engineer and the same mastering engineer and u will have the B Cox sound
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by computa View Post
it's been in a few interviews already: he stacks alot of pianos on top of each other using motif, triton, fantom, and software. heard as much as 13 stacks at once.

now add in Sam I Am as ur mix engineer and the same mastering engineer and u will have the B Cox sound
13 pianos sounds like much... just pick GOOD sounds. Or record a real grand piano in a good room with a great player
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
13 pianos sounds like much... just pick GOOD sounds. Or record a real grand piano in a good room with a great player
I'm just stating what I read in an interview w/ B Cox.

Holla at him and let him know that he doesn't need 13 stacks and he should record a real grand piano in a good room with a great player. Im sure B Cox would appreciate ur advice.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thats a bunch of bullshit..especially for that ordinary same old piano sound he uses.
C mon fellas....it aint so special...I do that kind of shit everyday and its like childsplay
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
C mon fellas....it aint so special...I do that kind of shit everyday and its like childsplay

There it is. The answer to the OP's question in a nutshell.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by computa View Post
I'm just stating what I read in an interview w/ B Cox.

Holla at him and let him know that he doesn't need 13 stacks and he should record a real grand piano in a good room with a great player. Im sure B Cox would appreciate ur advice.
lol if u listen to his tracks he records live piano sometimes. Just because hes layered 13 pianos before doesnt mean its god given advice I think its overkill if you have good sounds
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Gear maniac

ivory is a dsp BEAST!! but sounds good.

The B cox pianos sound like motif to me.
30th December 2008
Old 30th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol if u listen to his tracks he records live piano sometimes. Just because hes layered 13 pianos before doesnt mean its god given advice I think its overkill if you have good sounds

Man u r right. let him know. U want the number?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search