Omnispehere unsuitable for Hip Hop/RnB production
#241
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
  #241
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
u defo on the backfoot

the fact that ur unwilling to debate facts and are using personal attacks shows ur conditioning is preventing u from looking at objective info.

like im saying Tavistock Institute was founded in 1946 can you refute that?


im also saying that u have no knowledge of this organisation and the methods and implications of the statement of its work and how this impacts ur media and entertainment culture.

for this reason u are in no position to understanding the forces that shape ur thinking:

The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations is a not-for-profit organisation which applies social science to contemporary issues and problems. It was formally founded as a registered charity in 1947.

if u can adress the facts without personal attacks than i may give u some creedence.

while ur watching home and away, and xfactor im studying all things and that includes the methods of social control.

knowing there is a trap is the first step in evading it, u cowardly ass ignores info that u dont like out of fear or lack of interest, thats fine but if u dont have the info keep ur mowf closed
You are not wrong about the Tavistock Institute existing. And you are not wrong about them having some level of influence over media and entertainment culture, no matter how little that influence is.

But, you are wrong if you think they have any control over me, at all.

Is what you need, is a pretty girl and some cool friends to make music with. Then you won't have to worry about the bullshit fantasies in your head and you can start enjoying the cool music, food, friends, sex, and sports that you deserve to enjoy.
#242
24th December 2012
Old 24th December 2012
  #242
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daexpert View Post
You are not wrong about the Tavistock Institute existing. And you are not wrong about them having some level of influence over media and entertainment culture, no matter how little that influence is.

But, you are wrong if you think they have any control over me, at all.

Is what you need, is a pretty girl and some cool friends to make music with. Then you won't have to worry about the bullshit fantasies in your head and you can start enjoying the cool music, food, friends, sex, and sports that you deserve to enjoy.

heres the thing im chillin with a fine bitch talking this same shit . with some good food and music so whats the difference.

i can still enjoy shit without being scared of the truth.

but i will give you credence for accepting the existence of the said organisations and it may well be ur not controlled but all of us that are exposed to mainstream media have been influenced to varying degrees on a subconscious level.

and add to the fact that 60 percent of the population are highly suggestible they are all being programmed with damaging values and they are sleepwalking towards the slaughterhouse and dragging everyone with them.

hence the reason i seek to flag the methods of control cos like rza and q-tip said the job of resurrectors is to wake up the dead (spiritually dead zombies)
#243
25th December 2012
Old 25th December 2012
  #243
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
heres the thing im chillin with a fine bitch talking this same shit . with some good food and music so whats the difference.

i can still enjoy shit without being scared of the truth.

but i will give you credence for accepting the existence of the said organisations and it may well be ur not controlled but all of us that are exposed to mainstream media have been influenced to varying degrees on a subconscious level.

and add to the fact that 60 percent of the population are highly suggestible they are all being programmed with damaging values and they are sleepwalking towards the slaughterhouse and dragging everyone with them.

hence the reason i seek to flag the methods of control cos like rza and q-tip said the job of resurrectors is to wake up the dead (spiritually dead zombies)
Happy to see you come to some kind of armistice on this issue. I don't think most of us were arguing that these institutions exist. We were mainly trying to say that you can't let these things consume you.

I'll give you kudos for finding a female, and a fine one at that, that's willing to engage in conversation beyond what happened on reality tv this week.

Anyway, to bring this thing back to the original intent of this post, here's a track that I did using primarily Omnisphere. The main string sound that I used in the chord progression is a patch that I actually created as a challenge after hearing folks pan Omnisphere on this exact post. The rest of the Omnisphere patches that I used are ambient sounds that used to fill out the chorus portion.

https://soundcloud.com/rachmannanoff/until-detox-comes

I've used Omnisphere a lot and I will tell you that a lot of the sounds take up too much of the stereo field at times to be used as leads, ESPECIALLY if you're using a sample in your track already. But, if you build a track around them, you're normally good if you can come up with a nice melody or harmony.
#244
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
  #244
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedial View Post
Happy to see you come to some kind of armistice on this issue. I don't think most of us were arguing that these institutions exist. We were mainly trying to say that you can't let these things consume you.

I'll give you kudos for finding a female, and a fine one at that, that's willing to engage in conversation beyond what happened on reality tv this week.

Anyway, to bring this thing back to the original intent of this post, here's a track that I did using primarily Omnisphere. The main string sound that I used in the chord progression is a patch that I actually created as a challenge after hearing folks pan Omnisphere on this exact post. The rest of the Omnisphere patches that I used are ambient sounds that used to fill out the chorus portion.

https://soundcloud.com/rachmannanoff/until-detox-comes

I've used Omnisphere a lot and I will tell you that a lot of the sounds take up too much of the stereo field at times to be used as leads, ESPECIALLY if you're using a sample in your track already. But, if you build a track around them, you're normally good if you can come up with a nice melody or harmony.
agreed i certainly am guilty of letting the info marinate too much,

never the less the amount of resentment that this info provokes is somewhat astonishing,

kinda understandable its like if i tell a dude ur girl is a hoe and i show him the evidence he gonna be mad at me for telling him shit that he know.

cos he already chosen to ignore certain info and ur spoiling the fantasy


but the beat u posted the sounds defo seem usable, the op gave the impression that it was all evolving pads.

i do get what he saying cos i was going thru nexus and lotta the presets did not immediately strike me as usable but im sure when u edit the sounds or just turn off delays and reverbs u can get some good sounds that u can slide in the mix.

with nexus the dance orchestra is my go to soundbank, and it does sound terrific.

but right out the box i get more usable sounds from purity and ravity without any tweaking

Last edited by jpeg; 27th December 2012 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
#245
28th December 2012
Old 28th December 2012
  #245
Lives for gear
 
Dayl's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post

never the less the amount of resentment that this info provokes is somewhat astonishing,

kinda understandable its like if i tell a dude ur girl is a hoe and i show him the evidence he gonna be mad at me for telling him shit that he know.

cos he already chosen to ignore certain info and ur spoiling the fantasy
no...considering what you have been waffling on about, it's not like that at all.
#246
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
  #246
Gear nut
 

#247
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
  #247
Gear addict
 

think kontakt libraries are ur best bet
#248
30th December 2012
Old 30th December 2012
  #248
Gear Head
 

I use it for choirs usually. Can't even get me decent atmospheric pads in this.
#249
31st December 2012
Old 31st December 2012
  #249
Gear interested
 

I use Omnisphere for all of my pads pretty much. Great, lush sounds for pads just using 1 preset, but by layering and adding/subtracting FX and filtering, shit is on another level.
#250
1st January 2013
Old 1st January 2013
  #250
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
agreed i certainly am guilty of letting the info marinate too much,

never the less the amount of resentment that this info provokes is somewhat astonishing,

kinda understandable its like if i tell a dude ur girl is a hoe and i show him the evidence he gonna be mad at me for telling him shit that he know.

cos he already chosen to ignore certain info and ur spoiling the fantasy


but the beat u posted the sounds defo seem usable, the op gave the impression that it was all evolving pads.

i do get what he saying cos i was going thru nexus and lotta the presets did not immediately strike me as usable but im sure when u edit the sounds or just turn off delays and reverbs u can get some good sounds that u can slide in the mix.

with nexus the dance orchestra is my go to soundbank, and it does sound terrific.

but right out the box i get more usable sounds from purity and ravity without any tweaking
Thanks for the feedback jpeg. Omnisphere really is a great blank canvas for sound designers. It's one of those vst's that could really use a great tutorial though. The manual is very thorough, though, so I definitely have to give Spectrasonics mad respect for that.
#251
1st January 2013
Old 1st January 2013
  #251
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackV View Post
I use it for choirs usually. Can't even get me decent atmospheric pads in this.
omnispheres predecessor was called atmosphere, there's like thousands of pad presets in omnisphere too...not sure if srs
#252
2nd January 2013
Old 2nd January 2013
  #252
Lives for gear
 

I remember hearing some sick leads when i demo'd the presets of omnisphere. Just turn off those annoying effects they slather on like ketchup and you can make bangin tracks with it. It has probably the best sound engine of any vst I ever heard.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Crystal Mixing and Mastering / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
7
critical / High end
19
no ssl yet / So much gear, so little time!
0
jx23 / Rap + Hip Hop engineering & production
7
jx23 / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
1

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.