The Underdogs Vocal Mixing....
New Reply
Subscribe
Krypton
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Gear interested

The Underdogs Vocal Mixing....

Hello all! I'm a Underdog fanatic and I wanted to know does anybody know how or what they use to get there vocals so crisp. I know they mix them with alot of highs sometimes but I wanted to know if it's the plug-ins they are using or just the mic? I was told they record they're vocals thru logic, so does that make a difference?
-Thanx
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to MYAMS Send a message via MSN to MYAMS
they know what their doing on the ssl...they might have some plug-in secrets or whatever but in general they just know how to mix well...
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008

Is a carpenter only as good as his hammer? or nails?

It's the sum of all the parts, plus the talent of the person who is turning the knobs.
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Lives for gear

I got a hammer

"A lil putty and a lil paint makes every carpenter what he aint"
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Gear maniac

I love their vocal mixing as well. Well you could get a ssl board , sony c 800g mic and a avalon 737. That should help those vocals. lol..
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Lives for gear

If you come up with your own style of mixing vocals that a lot of ppl end up liking, then everyone will be trying to find out what you are doing as well.

Concentrate on honing in on your abilities and finding out what sound you can achieve using your current skill level. Even if you were to find out what settings they use on their hardware, or what presets they use for their chosen plugins, that still wont put you in the same league, even if you had the same equipment they use. It wont mean shit if you dont truly understand and grasp why things where done as they were. If you can build on that type of knowledge, then you will get better. It takes long hours and experimentation, most of the time.

Start paying YOUR dues and YOU will get paid bro.
Krypton
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Gear interested

Dude wat does asking a question have to do with paying dues!?!?! And just because you ask questions don't mean you don't have your own sound. You ask questions to get better, and maybe see if you can take something from what they did and add it to what you do! I didn't say my vocal mixing was horrible, I said there's was good. Wats wrong with being a fan. You don't think they have asked other engineer's and producer's questions? I'm sure every engineer on here is a fan of another's work! Last time I checked Kanye went to Timbaland to help him thicken up a Kick drum on "Stronger", so has he not paid his dues!?!?! Does he not have his own sound!?!?! Calm down champ, it's really gonna be ok! ok
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Dude wat does asking a question have to do with paying dues!?!?! And just because you ask questions don't mean you don't have your own sound. You ask questions to get better, and maybe see if you can take something from what they did and add it to what you do! I didn't say my vocal mixing was horrible, I said there's was good. Wats wrong with being a fan. You don't think they have asked other engineer's and producer's questions? I'm sure every engineer on here is a fan of another's work! Last time I checked Kanye went to Timbaland to help him thicken up a Kick drum on "Stronger", so has he not paid his dues!?!?! Does he not have his own sound!?!?! Calm down champ, it's really gonna be ok! ok
Lol I sure hope so man, for your own sake. Because the way you just jumped off at me to defend yourself for what ever reason I have no ideal about, it seems that maybe you might have something to be insecure about over there. Could it be the size of your mic maybe?

I was not giving you my input based on the question you asked, but based on what I thought about that type of situation, which the last time i checked was not against the rules, so try to keep your constipated outbursts to yourself.

Maybe you havent been around here for too long to know that ppl ask these type of questions on a daily basis, and it gets annoying for a lot of us to deal with, so I was just trying to offer an alternate answer that might spark conversation to go in a more interesting and meaningful direction.

But thanks anyway for revealing just how ignorant you are capable of being

The Champ will keep that in mind. dfegad
Krypton
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Gear interested

NICE....that's pretty "Petty" lol. I wasn't offended, but you seem to be. Just read what you wrote, and read everybody else's comments, and see how you came off dude that's all. No need to call you names or anything like tho man it's not that serious. If you tired of questions like mine, then DON'T COMMENT....DUH...LOL....Tony is a moderator and we ain't get all WILLY NILLY. LOL...be easy
10th January 2008
Old 10th January 2008
Gear addict

The Underdogs are soo damn deep... theres no telling who does what... or where...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search