Login / Register

So I gave in today!
New Reply
Subscribe
Killah_Trakz
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Send a message via AIM to Killah_Trakz Send a message via MSN to Killah_Trakz Send a message via Skype™ to Killah_Trakz
So I gave in today!

After debating on switching from logic xpress to ableton i decided to stick to good ol logic. Im just used to logics workspace and with 8 now in our possesions its a wrap.

Here's what i rocked on it, the beat that is. Lemme know what yall think!
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Killah_Trakz
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007

Send a message via AIM to Killah_Trakz Send a message via MSN to Killah_Trakz Send a message via Skype™ to Killah_Trakz
nope i made it.
Dor
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Dor
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Sounds like Freeway.
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

its fresh, this will make it to my ipod..
Killah_Trakz
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007

word

Quote:
Originally Posted by shangoe View Post
its fresh, this will make it to my ipod..
word.... haha I'm ipod material. got me blushing. its kontakt n battery doing the sequence on logic.
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

It's Hella dope !
I really feel it man.
Good ish.
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yes man! nice beat straight bop ya head to it kinda ting. Only negative I would say is the vocals recording sounds a little thin. What mic and pre you using?

"This is what I love about mixing though ...it's never the same twice"!

Late 2012 3.4Ghz Core i7 iMac, 16GB Ram, Fusion Drive 1.12TB, Mavericks, Seagate GoFlex 2TB Ext USB3 HDD, Apogee Duet 1 FW, Logic X, UAD Satellite Duo, QCon Pro, Blue Sky Media Desk
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Gear maniac

Dope Dope Dope. Oh wait only thing I would do is get rid of the pitched down over dub, kind of cheapens the dopeness. Hot regardless.
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007

Yeah, I think you made a wise choice.

Beat is sick.......you don't have to change up a thing.

Only thing, I wasn't as down with the siren sampling. It kind of threw me off. No problem with the sample but the way it goes wo-wo-wo-wo-woooooooo. I think you could do something a hell of a lot sicker than that with the siren sample!

Still....a sick ****ing beat.

Don't change a thing!
Killah_Trakz
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
Yes man! nice beat straight bop ya head to it kinda ting. Only negative I would say is the vocals recording sounds a little thin. What mic and pre you using?
an e835 and a 1202 vlz. And for the sirens it was one of those hit or miss joints, but thanks to peeping and vibing. If yall donate a mic n a pre then by all means. Since this is hiphop engineering (which im not) but production yes!
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to azwun25 Send a message via Yahoo to azwun25
the beat is dope. if you don't mind a little constructive criticism, i think it can use some more low end thump. other that that i dig it
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to feedback711
Quote:
Originally Posted by linndrum9000 View Post
Dope Dope Dope. Oh wait only thing I would do is get rid of the pitched down over dub, kind of cheapens the dopeness. Hot regardless.
actually the pitch shift is a great idea. the goal is to find a pitch that compliments the original note or tone of your lead vox. play with the pitxh alittle maybe even through it on a bus send and im sure you will have great results.
i have noticed that performing this technique always casuses listeners fatigue fast so have some salso music ready to play. i have also noticed that if your ears are fatiging ,playing salsa will wake em back up. at least thats what works for me. hope this helps

MySpace.com - Feedback productions - Kansas City, US - Hip Hop / Indie / Rap - www.myspace.com/feedbackproductions
Killah_Trakz
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25 View Post
the beat is dope. if you don't mind a little constructive criticism, i think it can use some more low end thump. other that that i dig it
aight no dizzy, its a weak kick i chose in the 1st place but man i spent an hour rifting through kicks but I will take all criticism into effect. I really likes the pitching cause it grabs ya ears like what but the hell with it.
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Gear addict

Nice track fam!
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to feedback711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_Trakz View Post
aight no dizzy, its a weak kick i chose in the 1st place but man i spent an hour rifting through kicks but I will take all criticism into effect. I really likes the pitching cause it grabs ya ears like what but the hell with it.

YEAH DUDE I AGREE.....
DOING THINGS EXTREME LIKE PITCH SHIFTING AND WHAT NOT IS AWSOME. THERE ARE NO SET RULES TO HOW A TRACK SHOULD SOUND.
DOING NEW THINGS WILL OPEN YOU UP CREATIVLY.
KEEP IT UP
15th September 2007
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
an e835 and a 1202 vlz. And for the sirens it was one of those hit or miss joints, but thanks to peeping and vibing. If yall donate a mic n a pre then by all means. Since this is hiphop engineering (which im not) but production yes!
Ahh Haaa the good old 1202. That's where my producing journey began. That would account for it then. Also I like the pitch shift thing, and also I did think the low end was a bit light. Just a little, but that could easily be touched up when mastered (if you do)

Keep up the good work.

Ps.. If you weren't really gonna use the beat you should pitch it at MOP, they'd love it.
Killah_Trakz
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007

word

word if you have MOP connects I have plenty pf tracks I would love to just give em man. MOP is the group that makes me want to punch someone in the mouth I don't know.

I wanted to actually approach them and exec an lp for them and ghostface. But I see I've done a good job on this one.
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

im listening to this on my monitors right sounds nice bop ya head old nyc music rght here only thing is that kick is seriously lacking some punch an bass. change the kick or eq itdamn id be boppin my head ten time harder if the kick was right man. by the way just curious what is that sound on the melody synth wat if u dont wanna tell me cool but sounds good man.
Killah_Trakz
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile255 View Post
im listening to this on my monitors right sounds nice bop ya head old nyc music rght here only thing is that kick is seriously lacking some punch an bass. change the kick or eq itdamn id be boppin my head ten time harder if the kick was right man. by the way just curious what is that sound on the melody synth wat if u dont wanna tell me cool but sounds good man.
thats a guitar that i cut the sample from and just 16 leveled the rest.
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
thats a guitar that i cut the sample from and just 16 leveled the rest.

sounds good if you change the kick or add bass let me know so ican bump the more thumpier one.
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

Good track man thumbsup

You definitely gotta do something to add some weight to the lowend of this track.

What I'd like to hear is a fat bassline that supports the melody of the guitar.

Try layering the kickdrum with another kick sample that is more bassy as well, or use another layer of the same kick sample and filter and eq it differently so it will have a more bassier sound in comparison to the original.

The vocals could definitely use something like Waves doubler, and a short delay used just to thicken up the sound of things a bit.

As good as the beat and vocals are right now, I can see so much more possibilities for it that would make this become a really great that you could even push to a radio station for airplay.

You got good clay to work with right there...
Killah_Trakz
16th September 2007
Old 16th September 2007

well anyone wants to take a crack at the session, ill just export the session and yall wanna mix it down. Im no mixer.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search