Keyflo
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

WAVES PLUGINS

i use wave plugins and the ssl package are those better than the urs plugin packs and i use the izotope ozone and trash
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Without any periods (.), commas (,), or question marks (?) in your sentence, I cannot tell if you actually have a question or not. Do you?
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Why don't you try the demo and see?
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

urs has real nice plug ins, waves has some that make a good job. waves ssl are real nice, but not as good as Duende IMO. I like the izotope stuff, but it is more for some fx and coloring, not real mastering (ozone) or realistic tube saturation (trash). some use ozone as a channle strip and it works good! not treid that so far!

i also have waves urs and izotope plugins. use the urs a and n EQs in every track! mix a on a lot of important tracks and the 1970 comp on everything that needs densening insode the DAW my buss is compressed by the alan smart hardware C2M,
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Keyflo what kind of iLok do you have?
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

as far as software eqs go

flux > waves ssl > refined audiometrics > urs > sonalksis
Keyflo
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Ilok

i use a regular ilok duh but thanx for the tips
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyflo View Post
i use a regular ilok duh but thanx for the tips
duh?

show some respect
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
i also have waves urs and izotope plugins. C2M,
when is this available to the public? how about waves behringer?
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by khameln View Post
Keyflo what kind of iLok do you have?

lolz

I like the SSL 4000 channel strip on everything.
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

i've read the ozone being used as a mastering plugin quite a bit. especially in electronica. i read somewhere that just blaze's engineers incorporates ozone into their masters every now and then. I've seen the PSP Neon used a bit and it did the job so whatever works i guess. I remember when i was first starting out, everybody would always say, "man its just whatever works for you, whatever sounds good to you" but now after coming around a million eq's, comps, reverbs, limiters, etc... now i know why they used to tell me whatever works
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisha31 View Post
i've read the ozone being used as a mastering plugin quite a bit.
Ozone kicks butt for budget mastering. I use it all the time with great effectiveness.
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dizzle View Post
Ozone kicks butt for budget mastering. I use it all the time with great effectiveness.
I know T.Dizzle...but man I can't use it when I have my Duende running. It makes the Delay Compensation on RTAS plug-ins go crazy. So I have to use the TDM mastering plugs like the TC Electronics Master X3.

Oh yea and I have the Duende and the Waves SSL plug ins. I like them both. But the Duende does have a cleaner sound then the Waves plugs.
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace'Lo View Post
I know T.Dizzle...but man I can't use it when I have my Duende running. It makes the Delay Compensation on RTAS plug-ins go crazy.
That sucks! I'm on a pc so Ozone and Duende play nicely together.
Keyflo
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

I use Cubase sx 3 and everything works fine and yeah the PSPmasterQ is a great eq, i use izoptope trash usually on soft synthy sounds that have no distortion or modulation effect it comes out great
Keyflo
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dizzle View Post
The good thing about the Ozone it has the eq snap shot feature u can play a mixed sound in sound forge take the snap shot and try to fit the eq to your sound if its the sound your looking for you know what i mean
10th July 2007
Old 10th July 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah the ozone is hot. I still say the PSP plugs are hot too though and i read that the URS CSPro was takin over. I dont have Duende SSL plugs, anybody wanna donate??
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Gear addict

Quote:
urs has real nice plug ins, waves has some that make a good job. waves ssl are real nice, but not as good as Duende IMO. I like the izotope stuff, but it is more for some fx and coloring, not real mastering (ozone) or realistic tube saturation (trash). some use ozone as a channle strip and it works good! not treid that so far!

i also have waves urs and izotope plugins. use the urs a and n EQs in every track! mix a on a lot of important tracks and the 1970 comp on everything that needs densening insode the DAW my buss is compressed by the alan smart hardware C2M,
Duende modelled after a completly different ssl design than the ssl plugins!!!

11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

I'm messing Keyflo, but on a serious tip; if you have an iLok, you can use the URS demo... So just try em out and come to your own conclusions!
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisha31 View Post
I dont have Duende SSL plugs, anybody wanna donate??
Heeellll noo!!! lol
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
Heeellll noo!!! lol

hahahaha..............donate to the needy, it will make you feel better about yourself
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester View Post
Duende modelled after a completly different ssl design than the ssl plugins!!!

Duende was not modelled after anything! It is the original algorithms of the C200 transferred in that box! O R I G I N A L, no simulation!!!!!!!!!!!
11th July 2007
Old 11th July 2007
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank lyon View Post
lolz

I like the SSL 4000 channel strip on everything.
Same here i love the ssl4000 and the dongle moniker was pretty funny. Suprised tony didnt put a few of you on punishment.
12th July 2007
Old 12th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Duende was not modelled after anything! It is the original algorithms of the C200 transferred in that box! O R I G I N A L, no simulation!!!!!!!!!!!

That would explain why everybody is saying that the Duende version sounds better than the Waves SSL
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search