Motley Crue - S/T Drum Sound
Old 24th October 2009
Lives for gear

Motley Crue - S/T Drum Sound

I've heard from other engineers that the recording process of the drums on this album was very tedious. Is this the case? Those are some HUGE drums on that album. I would like to hear it from the drummer himself.
Old 24th October 2009
Gear interested

You're asking about the Motley Crue-Motley Crue album with John Corrabi on vocals, right?

Tommy, I'd really like to hear about how the drums were recorded on that album as well! Probably my single favorite drums sounds ever! Please tell!!!

C.
Old 24th October 2009
Lives for gear

+1

recording-chain

mixing-chain

thanks!
Old 24th October 2009
special guest

Drum Sound

The drums were recorded at Little Mountain Studios (Defunct) in Vancouver, Canada.
The kit was setup in front of the double doors that led from the live room to the loading bay entrance area with both doors cracked open. The ambient mics in the loading bay give the distinctive huge sound that was used on many records that were recorded there.
Old 25th October 2009
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
I've heard from other engineers that the recording process of the drums on this album was very tedious. Is this the case? Those are some HUGE drums on that album. I would like to hear it from the drummer himself.
I didn't hear that it was tedious, but I did hear that the Hooligan's Holiday drum track was a first-take.

I'm glad (but not surprised) there's already a thread about this. We always called this album MC94 and it's easily one of my favorite drum sounds ever. Any information about the drum tracks on this album is appreciated!
Old 25th October 2009
special guest

I can't remember! thanks for checking in!!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search