New Reply
Subscribe
Local 47
18th May 2007
Old 18th May 2007
Gear nut

mix setup depending n project?

Hello Tchad,
when mixing, do (and did) you take the time to start from scratch every time? Setup-wise I mean.
Like, one session is soft pop, then roots rock, then jazz. A 25-track session followed by a 125-track session. My question is, do you have a basic blueprint you try to apply to all incoming sessions?
Reason why I'm asking is, I remember a thread on this forum some time ago, (with lotsa heated discussions) where some folks were criticizing the fact that the Lord-Alge brothers apply the same blueprints (fixed sets of gear per channel, even fixed settings of the outboard) all the time. (don't have a problem with that though).
Thx. Doug
18th May 2007
Old 18th May 2007
mongrell mixer

mix set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47 View Post
Hello Tchad,
when mixing, do (and did) you take the time to start from scratch every time? Setup-wise I mean.
Like, one session is soft pop, then roots rock, then jazz. A 25-track session followed by a 125-track session. My question is, do you have a basic blueprint you try to apply to all incoming sessions?
Reason why I'm asking is, I remember a thread on this forum some time ago, (with lotsa heated discussions) where some folks were criticizing the fact that the Lord-Alge brothers apply the same blueprints (fixed sets of gear per channel, even fixed settings of the outboard) all the time. (don't have a problem with that though).
Thx. Doug
I don't have a problem with that either. Whatever works for you, and it's bloody worked for them, if that's what they really do.
I don't have a blueprint per se but I often end up with similar gear on 'like' tracks. I almost always use compression and Sans Amps. Is that the same thing as a blueprint? Maybe.
The wild card is the music and production. That's what really makes it different.

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search