New Reply
Subscribe
Steamy Williams
20th March 2007
Old 20th March 2007
Lives for gear

Working with Vikter Dupliax

Hi Russ,

I am big fan of your work, but I hadn't realized that you'd worked with Vikter Duplaix. He has a really smooth voice, and I particularly like the programming and synth sounds on his records. Would you care to tell us what it was like working with him? He seems like a bit of an unusual character. Also, did you have any involvement in his latest album, and if not, have you heard it?

Finally, have you heard the Bugz In The Attic remix of Looking For Love? That track sounds awesome in clubs.

Best Wishes,
Ben.
Steamy Williams
5th April 2007
Old 5th April 2007
Lives for gear

bump
8th April 2007
Old 8th April 2007
Gear nut

Bumpidy bump!
I also appreciate Vikter Duplaix very much. I see he works with keyboardist
James Poyser on most albums he has made. Poyser probably helps to provide Vikter some help in the fabulous arrangement and good taste to his fantastic music.
12th April 2007
Old 12th April 2007
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy Williams View Post
Hi Russ,
I am big fan of your work, but I hadn't realized that you'd worked with Vikter Duplaix. He has a really smooth voice, and I particularly like the programming and synth sounds on his records. Would you care to tell us what it was like working with him? He seems like a bit of an unusual character. Also, did you have any involvement in his latest album, and if not, have you heard it?
Finally, have you heard the Bugz In The Attic remix of Looking For Love? That track sounds awesome in clubs. Best Wishes, Ben.
hello again ben,

wow, that's cool that you know vikter's music. yeah his music's got a good blend of electronic and organic. i had a good time mixing his album (i only worked on his 1st one). james poyser was definitely a big influence on that one. he's got all the cool keyboards anyone could want. i don't have much to offer as far as anything insightful for you though, sorry. i was only part of the mix. vikter's really cool to work with and very laid back. he knows what he wants as far as the song goes but likes experimenting with sounds and textures. i didnt even know about the latest record...i'm gonna ask him why he didn't call me for that .

i haven't heard the remix of looking for love.

all the best

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search