Reaper crashing during plugins scan...
MrHope
28th April 2007
Old 28th April 2007
Gear maniac

Question Reaper crashing during plugins scan...

I installed Reaper on my system and it started crashing every time I launched the program except for the very first time I launched it, right after installation. It crashes every time the program scans for VST and DirectX plugins. I have a few hundred plugins. Is there a way around this crashing besides checking each plugin one at a time (...adding to the plugins folder one plugin at a time) ?
stike
30th April 2007
Old 30th April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHope View Post
I installed Reaper on my system and it started crashing every time I launched the program except for the very first time I launched it, right after installation. It crashes every time the program scans for VST and DirectX plugins. I have a few hundred plugins. Is there a way around this crashing besides checking each plugin one at a time (...adding to the plugins folder one plugin at a time) ?
stike
Hi,

If REAPER encounters plug-ins that crash during scanning, if you run it again it will start over and not rescan any that crashed or were already scanned... so to the extent that there are problematic plug-ins, just keep running it and it should eventually sort itself out...

-Justin
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search