Login / Register

The Mixer Section/View
Subscribe
True North
25th April 2007
Old 25th April 2007
Lives for gear

The Mixer Section/View

Many have asked for a more robust mixer, similar to those found in most of the major DAW's currently available. I know you are not a big fan of doing things just beacuse others do it but I do think an improved mixer could offer more flexibility and functionality.

In particular I think the mixer could be used to make your routing much more user friendly and easier to manage. I also find plug in management to be a bit time consuming in Reaper VS other traditional DAW's with more robust mixer views.

Seeing at a glance what plugs you have running and where is something that I use frequently on a mix. Is there any chance we see a more traditional mixer view OR this way down on the priority list?

"I do use compressors/limiters but not for controlling dynamics, I use EQ for that!" Jp22 (damn I miss him)

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." -- Will Durant, historian (1885-1981)

"I try to get a boom out of the bass drum, in one of my albums, my CD, boom, I try to get that big boom, I could not get a big boom, I paid bucks, and could not get the boom" - Recording Expert, Tad Donley
27th April 2007
Old 27th April 2007
Gear nut

Having a more complete "traditional" mixer view is planned for 2.x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
Many have asked for a more robust mixer, similar to those found in most of the major DAW's currently available. I know you are not a big fan of doing things just beacuse others do it but I do think an improved mixer could offer more flexibility and functionality.

In particular I think the mixer could be used to make your routing much more user friendly and easier to manage. I also find plug in management to be a bit time consuming in Reaper VS other traditional DAW's with more robust mixer views.

Seeing at a glance what plugs you have running and where is something that I use frequently on a mix. Is there any chance we see a more traditional mixer view OR this way down on the priority list?
True North
27th April 2007
Old 27th April 2007
Lives for gear

Perfect, that is great news. Is 2.0 still slated for late summer 2007 ?
30th April 2007
Old 30th April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North View Post
Perfect, that is great news. Is 2.0 still slated for late summer 2007 ?
2.0 will likely be this summer or fall.. but keep in mind that 2.0 may not have all of the stuff we've talked about for 2.x, we'll be adding it incrementally as we do throughout the 2.x series..
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search