Subscribe
Fuzzhead
21st April 2007
Old 21st April 2007
Gear nut

Video and Beats

Hi Justin, good to see you here!

I'm curious about a few features /direction I haven't seen discussed:

Video...do you plan to get that up to post stage in future versions? I know there's a few users from Vegas who might be worried considering how Vegas went regarding audio, so I'm guessing audio will take priority first. But, if I get into video in the future, I'd prefer to stick with Reaper.

Also on that note, do you plan to have add-on packs for larger features like video, to keep the install size down?

Audio Quantizing...have you any plans to expand on this, say mapping grids to freetime tunes or beatslicing/shuffling tricks? The way you can edit drums in Reaper now is awesome btw. I'd like to see the best features of Beat Detective, BeatQuantizer and LiveSlice added if possible.

Cheers
Bevoss
23rd April 2007
Old 23rd April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzhead View Post
Hi Justin, good to see you here!

I'm curious about a few features /direction I haven't seen discussed:

Video...do you plan to get that up to post stage in future versions? I know there's a few users from Vegas who might be worried considering how Vegas went regarding audio, so I'm guessing audio will take priority first. But, if I get into video in the future, I'd prefer to stick with Reaper.

Also on that note, do you plan to have add-on packs for larger features like video, to keep the install size down?

Audio Quantizing...have you any plans to expand on this, say mapping grids to freetime tunes or beatslicing/shuffling tricks? The way you can edit drums in Reaper now is awesome btw. I'd like to see the best features of Beat Detective, BeatQuantizer and LiveSlice added if possible.

Cheers
Bevoss
Our plans for video are limited to how video is now, only working better.. none of that video editing.

Having add-on packs for features just means more work for updating things, so as long as we can keep the installer within reason (say, under 10mb), I think we'll stick monolithic..

Regarding audio quantizing, we'll see... There's a lot we can do for simple workflow enhancement and compatibility that is taking higher priority for now...
Fuzzhead
24th April 2007
Old 24th April 2007
Gear nut

Cool, thanks for clarifying that.

Regarding slicing loops, we can already manually slice perfectly using tab-to-transient and split (or autosplit for larger parts).

All we really need is ripple editing to work forwards and backwards per item...so you could slice an item up, pull one slice out and the other slices slip back as in regular ripple editing, but then you can insert it in a different spot and the other slices slip forward to fit it in.

Anyway, not the highest priority for sure...thanks again for the screensets, a HUGE workflow enhancer for me. Cheers
25th April 2007
Old 25th April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzhead View Post
All we really need is ripple editing to work forwards and backwards per item...so you could slice an item up, pull one slice out and the other slices slip back as in regular ripple editing, but then you can insert it in a different spot and the other slices slip forward to fit it in.

Isnt this how it works now?
Fuzzhead
26th April 2007
Old 26th April 2007
Gear nut

Actually it slips back if you delete or cut the slice, not if you just move it to another track, or slide it forward. You can almost do it with cut and paste, but it's heaps slower and less auditionable, and doesn't seem as accurate ie easy to make mistakes. Plus I think that moves everything on the track, whereas you'd probably want it contained to the item for shuffling slices.

Griz Lee summed it up pretty good here:

does reaper have a edit suffle mode? (not ripple!) - Cockos Confederated Forums

Seems like an extension or new mode of Ripple Editing would do the trick. Thanks for listening.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search