Hardware Integration
Old 16th April 2007
Will use anything...

Hardware Integration

How would Reaper work in this situation:

Computer and Analogue Mixer/Outboard interconnected by 2 MOTU 24I/O

DAW would get used as a Tape Machine/Editor/MIDI, but all mixing/monitoring from the desk

Will Reaper deal with the latency involved for all the in/outs?

Thanks in advance....
Old 18th April 2007
Gear nut

REAPER can definitely deal well with large amounts of inputs and outputs, assuming your ASIO drivers are up to the task (I know my firewire MOTU interfaces do well).

-Justin
Old 18th April 2007
Will use anything...

How about the latency 'problem' of going in and out, especially in an overdubbing situation? Is this just a 'one click' setting for all channels or can channels be individually compensated for without resorting to nudging on the time line, indeed, how does external delay compensation work (from a practical point of view) in Reaper?
Old 18th April 2007
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaudio View Post
How about the latency 'problem' of going in and out, especially in an overdubbing situation? Is this just a 'one click' setting for all channels or can channels be individually compensated for without resorting to nudging on the time line, indeed, how does external delay compensation work (from a practical point of view) in Reaper?

For the purposes of recording, REAPER can automatically compensate the recorded items to fit perfectly (it uses the ASIO driver which is usually accurate to within a few samples, and if your driver is off a little--or your converters etc have a little latency--you can use a manual option to adjust the offset).

With respect to monitoring of inputs through REAPER, and through FX, it's a little trickier since there can be latency added by the interface and some FX.. but if you're using a desk this is probably not an issue..

-Justin
Old 19th April 2007
Will use anything...

ok, thanks for that, I'll give it a wee go...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search