Editing
zenkonami
16th April 2007
Old 16th April 2007
Gear nut

Editing

First, love REAPER. I appreciate how the emphasis is on usability and functionality while affecting performance as little as possible. At the end of the day, it's the software that stays out of my way that wins, and REAPER let's me concentrate on being creative and getting the job done.

On that note, however, I admit to having a Pro Tools bias when it comes to editing. I used Vegas some years back and have noticed that REAPER's audio editing is very similar to Vegas. While certainly usable as it is, I was wondering if you planned on more advanced (and perhaps mouse driven) editing capabilities and tools in the style of Pro Tools or Nuendo/Cubase?

-Zen
16th April 2007
Old 16th April 2007
Gear nut

I'm pretty anti-mouse-tools... but perhaps we'll see more modes to enable some of what you want someday... but I'll resist the tool paradigm as much as possible
16th April 2007
Old 16th April 2007
Gear Head

Thank you. Going back to the Pro Tools editing pardigm -- ignoring the advances of Vegas and now Reaper -- would be like hitching up a team of oxen to a BMW.
16th April 2007
Old 16th April 2007
Gear interested

Justin, what are the possibilities, at some point in the future, of opening up the mouse buttons and modifiers to user configuration? I gues it would enable users to tailor their editing experience to their individual needs; it would allow those of us still groaning about switching the [ctrl]+r-click loop range selection with the [ctrl]+[alt]+R- Click marquee toogle selection status, to Shut the hell up! Furthermore, it would definately quell the talkf of reloading the mouse.

thanks for your feedback!
tallis
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search