!!!thank you everyone!!!
ev33
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Gear maniac

!!!thank you everyone!!!

Thank you for all of your participation, interest, incredibly insightful questions and kind words about the various projects. I think I learned more about how things are being perceived, what things are working and what things aren't working in the past few weeks than I have in the past 20 years. It also created an opportunity for me to stop for a moment and think about things I've always "just done" in a more analytical way. That has been a really positive thing for me. I have a bunch of new stuff I want to try! Thank you for that!

I have done my best to give thoughtful, accurate answers that hopefully offer some useful information. That does take some time and I have definitely gotten behind on other responsibilities. I really have to get cracking if I am going to get this damn UTA MPEQ-1 thing done before 2025 I think this is a good time to take a break from the Q&A. I apologize for the questions I didn't get a chance to answer. If people are interested in another round in the future I will try to start it by getting caught up on the unanswered stuff from this round.

Thank you again to everyone for making this Q&A such an enjoyable experience!!

Thank you Jules for creating such an amazing resource for all of us.

Eric Valentine
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Electron shuffler

Eric -

Despite not having posed any questions myself, I've learned more from you on here in the last couple of weeks than in months and months of work and listening. An absolute inspiration! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such detailed and honest answers.

All the best,
Tony.
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Gear nut
In the same boat as Tony...didn't ask any questions (so many bases were already covered) but learned a ton. Thanks Eric!
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

pat yourself on the back there valentine well done
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Thanks a ton Eric!
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Eric !
Deleted User
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Deleted User

Though my question was never answered, I learned a ton of info from the other threads, very grateful. Thanks a lot Eric!
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Gear maniac

the drumbrella thing is just epic.
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Lives for gear

Mr. EV -

all thanks, all praise and flying high honours to U.

It's wonderful if writing here has stimulated your analysis & consciousness of what U do yourself, and if some questions and/or comments have pleased U, amused U, or even just made U realize once again, above & beyond the public and saless success of your productions, that U in fact ARE doing a great job and that it IS being appreciated.

But from my personal point of view, and I think many here might share it too, it is even more wonderful to see how matter-of-fact, no bull whatsoever, and how ingeniously and giftedly U approach your work and how U wrote about it.
With all due respect to the many other good, interesting, even thrilling Q&As we've read here on this site, yours was on another plane and level.
More informative, more responsive, more generous, less mysticizing, less selfish, more useful.
And that kind of writing and talk and though can only come from that quiet calmness and understated selfconfidence of one who truly KNOWS & FEELS what one is doing, in that good old fashioned way that is often named... talent & inspiration.

Someone here wrote "pat yourself on the back" - I totally agree, and I'd say feel free to go further than that and... open yourself a bottle of good champagne (not Charlotte ) - U rock, it is clear to see right now and will be even more so in the future, U're one of the great ones.

Keep on going, stay like that and thanks, Mr. EV.

Muchissimo respect & hello from an Ocean (pr two) away,

A
F
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Gear maniac

I also read I think almost all the threads on which you commented and I think it's fair to say that you provided one of the most thoughtful and thorough Q & A sessions that have been on this board.

Beyond that, I took the time to listen to the recordings after reading your explanations and I have a great amount of respect for your approach towards engineering and production. What I found most amazing is how willing you are to experiment and take chances and yet almost always end up with an accessible and even commercially viable (read: musical) product.

Thanks again and I look forward to the next round, if possible.
17th August 2011
Old 17th August 2011
Frequency Wrangler

18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Thank you for your time Eric!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Thank you for the incredible, inspiring Q+A! Very cool of you to take time to nerd out on this site and share a ton of techniques and stories with us. I've learned, seriously, SO much from you the last few weeks between this and the Pensado spot, and clearly I'm not the only one who would like to say so, with complete sincerity and gratitude. Much appreciated!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Thanks, Eric! I think I've learned more from this Q&A than from anything else I've read on Gearslutz to date. Totally awesome of you to take the time, and it's very appreciated!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Gear nut

Eric,

I have to chip in here as well and say thank you so much for your willingness to give up so much time to this site.

You have been incredibly gracious and I second others in claiming that this was the most educational Q and A yet!

When other engineers are selling DVDs and hosting week long mix camps for more money than I can afford, your willingness to share the secrets of your craft is absolutely selfless.

Thanks again and may you have continued success in all your future projects.

THANK YOU!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineroom View Post
Eric,

I have to chip in here as well and say thank you so much for your willingness to give up so much time to this site.

You have been incredibly gracious and I second others in claiming that this was the most educational Q and A yet!

When other engineers are selling DVDs and hosting week long mix camps for more money than I can afford, your willingness to share the secrets of your craft is absolutely selfless.

Thanks again and may you have continued success in all your future projects.

THANK YOU!

well said... thanks EV for providing such specific and well thought out answers to our questions...
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Gracias, hermano!
Cheers!
J.
nms
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
nms
Lives for gear

Eric.. You're a wizard at your craft and incredibly generous with the time and effort you put in to breaking things down to such a level throughout this Q&A. Huge respect for taking time to give back on such a level!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

It`s been a great pleasure reading all this, loads of great tips, demystified delivery, you rock. Thank you very much!
Mho
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Mho
Gear addict

Eric is the ultimate producer, the Renacimiento man. He has been the most inspiring thing on GS ever, period.
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Yes thank you !

It's been a real master class !

For someone like you to be so open and articulate about the recording process , it really helps . Especially for us guys who never got the chance to sit in with other engineers and producers and learn how they do things . I feel like I've served a five year apprenticeship reading your posts .

Much appreciated .

Brett
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Gear addict

MASSIVE thanks for doing this Q&A Eric! It's been a pleasure! And I still have a ton of these threads to get through. I hope you will continue to post on Gearslutz outside of this Q&A. Your experience, attitude and insight on this craft is a much needed component around here. And I look forward to more of your posts in the future.

Thanks again!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Erik,

I've been just a reader but I have enjoyed a lot your dedication, passion and detailed answers. Real good insights, thanks again for doing this and best luck!!

Carlos Perez
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks again Eric. Best GS Q&A yet!
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Lives for gear

Eric, I am going to dedicate my first Grammy to you in honour of this thread.
18th August 2011
Old 18th August 2011
Gear addict

This was amazing. Thanks so much for being so open, generous and insightful with your responses.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search