Login / Register
 
UTA EQ software version?
Subscribe
petermiles
Thread Starter
#1
12th August 2011
Old 12th August 2011
  #1
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 157

Thread Starter
petermiles is offline
UTA EQ software version?

Firstly I'd like thank you for this awesome Q & A! Your responded have been so detailed and passionate! Very inspirational. Anyway, to business:

I've really enjoyed reading up on your UTA console, that thing looks amazing, but I know there's no way I'm every going to own one, or any large format console for that matter. The EQ especially seems incredibly well thought out and flexible.

I mix entirely in the box and find things like the Waves SSL/API and UA's Neve EQ's indispensable tools that have allowed meer mix mortales like myself an insight into the feel and sound of the real thing.

Have you considered allowing the UTA EQ to be modeled? Both Waves and UA have done some great work emulating many of the old classic EQ's but I don't think there are many 'modern' hardware emulations out there (UA's fatso/manley excluded).

I think this would be a very interesting product indeed, anyone out there interested in an EV/UTA EQ pluggin?
#2
13th August 2011
Old 13th August 2011
  #2
Gear maniac
 
akisD28's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 213

Send a message via MSN to akisD28 Send a message via Yahoo to akisD28
akisD28 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermiles View Post
I think this would be a very interesting product indeed, anyone out there interested in an EV/UTA EQ pluggin?
Very interested! (VST)
#3
13th August 2011
Old 13th August 2011
  #3
Gear maniac
 
ev33's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles

ev33 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermiles View Post
Firstly I'd like thank you for this awesome Q & A! Your responded have been so detailed and passionate! Very inspirational. Anyway, to business:

I've really enjoyed reading up on your UTA console, that thing looks amazing, but I know there's no way I'm every going to own one, or any large format console for that matter. The EQ especially seems incredibly well thought out and flexible.

I mix entirely in the box and find things like the Waves SSL/API and UA's Neve EQ's indispensable tools that have allowed meer mix mortales like myself an insight into the feel and sound of the real thing.

Have you considered allowing the UTA EQ to be modeled? Both Waves and UA have done some great work emulating many of the old classic EQ's but I don't think there are many 'modern' hardware emulations out there (UA's fatso/manley excluded).

I think this would be a very interesting product indeed, anyone out there interested in an EV/UTA EQ pluggin?
We are definitely looking into doing a plugin version of the UTA EQ. I want to get the hardware version out there for a little while and hopefully generate some more interest in it before I invest in developing a plugin version. The plugin version I am envisioning will allow some additional features that aren't practical to do in the hardware version that I think could be really cool. It would probably be no sooner than mid 2012.

EV
petermiles
Thread Starter
#4
14th August 2011
Old 14th August 2011
  #4
Gear maniac
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 157

Thread Starter
petermiles is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev33 View Post
We are definitely looking into doing a plugin version of the UTA EQ. I want to get the hardware version out there for a little while and hopefully generate some more interest in it before I invest in developing a plugin version. The plugin version I am envisioning will allow some additional features that aren't practical to do in the hardware version that I think could be really cool. It would probably be no sooner than mid 2012.

EV
Awesome, sign me up for the beta testing team! Good luck with it all.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.