UTA EQ software version?
Old 12th August 2011
Gear maniac

UTA EQ software version?

Firstly I'd like thank you for this awesome Q & A! Your responded have been so detailed and passionate! Very inspirational. Anyway, to business:

I've really enjoyed reading up on your UTA console, that thing looks amazing, but I know there's no way I'm every going to own one, or any large format console for that matter. The EQ especially seems incredibly well thought out and flexible.

I mix entirely in the box and find things like the Waves SSL/API and UA's Neve EQ's indispensable tools that have allowed meer mix mortales like myself an insight into the feel and sound of the real thing.

Have you considered allowing the UTA EQ to be modeled? Both Waves and UA have done some great work emulating many of the old classic EQ's but I don't think there are many 'modern' hardware emulations out there (UA's fatso/manley excluded).

I think this would be a very interesting product indeed, anyone out there interested in an EV/UTA EQ pluggin?
Old 13th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermiles View Post
I think this would be a very interesting product indeed, anyone out there interested in an EV/UTA EQ pluggin?
Very interested! (VST)
Old 13th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermiles View Post
Firstly I'd like thank you for this awesome Q & A! Your responded have been so detailed and passionate! Very inspirational. Anyway, to business:

I've really enjoyed reading up on your UTA console, that thing looks amazing, but I know there's no way I'm every going to own one, or any large format console for that matter. The EQ especially seems incredibly well thought out and flexible.

I mix entirely in the box and find things like the Waves SSL/API and UA's Neve EQ's indispensable tools that have allowed meer mix mortales like myself an insight into the feel and sound of the real thing.

Have you considered allowing the UTA EQ to be modeled? Both Waves and UA have done some great work emulating many of the old classic EQ's but I don't think there are many 'modern' hardware emulations out there (UA's fatso/manley excluded).

We are definitely looking into doing a plugin version of the UTA EQ. I want to get the hardware version out there for a little while and hopefully generate some more interest in it before I invest in developing a plugin version. The plugin version I am envisioning will allow some additional features that aren't practical to do in the hardware version that I think could be really cool. It would probably be no sooner than mid 2012.

EV
Old 14th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev33 View Post
We are definitely looking into doing a plugin version of the UTA EQ. I want to get the hardware version out there for a little while and hopefully generate some more interest in it before I invest in developing a plugin version. The plugin version I am envisioning will allow some additional features that aren't practical to do in the hardware version that I think could be really cool. It would probably be no sooner than mid 2012.

EV
Awesome, sign me up for the beta testing team! Good luck with it all.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search