Old 25th July 2011
Gear addict

Mics

Technique is of huge importance as we all know, but if you HAD to choose just 4 utility mics to work with for the remaining projects you will ever have, what would you choose? They can be stereo pairs.
Old 25th July 2011
Gear nut

cost

My mistake ....half awake here.

Last edited by always in record; 25th July 2011 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: sleepy mistake....sorry Eric :(
Old 12th August 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlouch View Post
Technique is of huge importance as we all know, but if you HAD to choose just 4 utility mics to work with for the remaining projects you will ever have, what would you choose? They can be stereo pairs.
It would be my pair of C12As, an SM7, SM57 and a pair of Coles 4038s.

EV
Old 12th August 2011
Gear interested

I've heard of people removing the windscreen on an SM58 to get a more SM57-esque sound, since they share the same capsule, and I have a couple SM58's. Would you agree that just removing the windscreen would be good, or should I just buy a 57?

I've been hearing a lot about an SM7, and I'm probably gonna invest in one along with a mid-range condenser or two. Any suggestions? I've heard a lot about AKG's mics, and I like the idea of multiple polar patterns.
Old 15th August 2011
Gear addict

Thanks for replying Eric, its just Gearslutty knowledge to know what other peoples die-hard mics would be.

I am not EV, but I can certainly suggest a couple of things.

You after small or large diaphragm? Also, what sort of applications are you looking to use these mics.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search