Interesting analog pieces... not too expensive
arimaka
21st July 2011
Old 21st July 2011
Lives for gear

Interesting analog pieces... not too expensive

Hi Eric!

I was at one of your talks at last AES where you recommended several pieces of analog outboard gear that where not that expensive but great as far as character for the value.

I purchased an Orban 672a which I believe you recommended in that talk and I LOVE it and use it on every mix now.

Any other units along those price points that you think are interesting?? Comps, EQ, or FX...

Thanks and best of luck with everything!
Manuel
22nd July 2011
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimaka View Post
Hi Eric!

I was at one of your talks at last AES where you recommended several pieces of analog outboard gear that where not that expensive but great as far as character for the value.

I purchased an Orban 672a which I believe you recommended in that talk and I LOVE it and use it on every mix now.

Any other units along those price points that you think are interesting?? Comps, EQ, or FX...

Thanks and best of luck with everything!
Manuel
There is one other piece of gear that is indispensable for me that is not wildly expensive. It is the BSS DPR 901 II 4 band Dynamic Equalizer. That thing is great. It can fight my way out of any bad vocal recording with that box. It is great on a lot of stuff. I use it all the time. When ever you have some harsh overtone or weird resonance that only sticks out on particular parts you can kill it with that thing. I think they go for about $500-$700 used

EV
arimaka
9th August 2011
Old 9th August 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to check that out!

Good luck on all your endeavors and congrats on the amazing console!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search