This got a bit long, but hopefully you will find the details interesting.
Yes, very interesting.
Kudos, Eric and thanks a lot.
notice that the band thanked you and called you The Super! Just wondering if you could say how that became your nick name.
I guess that means he runs a pretty clean shop ...
Now its time for me to get back to cleaning my sound room!
Or they were refering to the best maintained low-mids in the business!
Seriously, Eric, how do you do that?
- The bass (in all EV productions) is audible on all systems, behaves like it was limited to put it into its place but does not sound limited at all. Do you route it together with the kick to a bus to compress both or use sidechaining?
- Is the bass on 3EB just a miced amp or is there a DI, too?
- In these days of PT, do you compress the bass before A/D when recording to compensate for the missing tape saturation?
- Why do your guitars sound full and fat but not boomy and why the heck are they not masking the bass or vice versa? This is so not fair ... ;-)
- Are you involved in the arrangement and writing process? On most of your productions there are certain parts that always made me think "this could not have been done by (egocentric – most of them are) musicians"
Thanks again for all the info,