Studio Speakers
Subscribe
scruffydog
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Lives for gear

Studio Speakers

Hi Jay...
I would like to ask you which speakers you like to use whilst mixing at home and if you use a mono reference speaker for anything.
I have a loss of hearing above 16k according to a recent test i did...after all these years how are your ears??? and do you need to make any allowances based more on experience than perfect hearing.
Than you so much for doing all of this.
Scruffydog
27th April 2012
Old 27th April 2012
Q & A guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
Hi Jay...
I would like to ask you which speakers you like to use whilst mixing at home and if you use a mono reference speaker for anything.
I have a loss of hearing above 16k according to a recent test i did...after all these years how are your ears??? and do you need to make any allowances based more on experience than perfect hearing.
Than you so much for doing all of this.
Scruffydog
I like Genelec 1031 A's for mixing. I do not use a mono ref speaker at my studio. I generally don't listen very loud, so I don't think I have any problems with my ears caused by high volume abuse. You should reference your mixes against other material that you like, and are familiar with. You might even want to start a mix that way. Listen to something you know sounds good (at least 10 minutes or so), then start your mix.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search