Login / Register

Parallel compression on Mastering
Subscribe
Simple2nes
25th April 2012
Old 25th April 2012
Gear Head

Parallel compression on Mastering

Hi Jay . thanks for the chance of asking u a question .

I Heard that parallel compression on mastering could be dangerous.
and did you used on mastering your Music before? whats your personal opinion about it ?
26th April 2012
Old 26th April 2012
Q & A guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple2nes View Post
Hi Jay . thanks for the chance of asking u a question .

I Heard that parallel compression on mastering could be dangerous.
and did you used on mastering your Music before? whats your personal opinion about it ?
Dangerous? I've never suffered any physical injury from using parallel compression. If it sounds good, it is good.
All kidding aside, a rule that I believe, and follow is, you're not done with your mix until you are totally happy with it. Expecting it to sound better in mastering is a bit mistake lots of people make. When I mix something, I expect very little to be done, in mastering at either Sterling or Gateway. However, if the mastering engineer has an idea that will bring the mix 'up a notch', I'm all for it. If it's a drastic change, I will study the changes very carefully. When you make a big change in mastering, you forget about all the time you're taken to get certain results on specific things in the mix. Sometimes those subtle things you labored over get masked by too much processing in mastering.
If I'm mastering something I haven't mixed, I'll do whatever I think will make the mix sound better.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search