Guitar solo on Sympathy For the Devil...
Jamz
16th May 2011
Old 16th May 2011
Lives for gear

Guitar solo on Sympathy For the Devil...

Mr. Brown pleasure having you here.
Beggars Banquet is perhaps my favorite Stones album...songs, performance and sound. The guitar solo in SFTD is arguably one of the more iconic git solos in classic rock. Unfortunately, there were no scenes at all of that solo being recorded in the Godard film. Is there anything you can tell us about that recording i.e. amp, Black Beauty Les Paul etc?
Thank you
Jim
16th May 2011
Old 16th May 2011
There is also endless speculation on who played it.. perhaps you could settle that too!
16th May 2011
Old 16th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Beggars Banquet is perhaps my favorite Stones album...songs, performance and sound. The guitar solo in SFTD is arguably one of the more iconic git solos in classic rock. Unfortunately, there were no scenes at all of that solo being recorded in the Godard film. Is there anything you can tell us about that recording i.e. amp, Black Beauty Les Paul etc?
Thank you
Jim

Sorry Jim - I cannot remember the guitar or amp used. I would guess an AC30?
17th May 2011
Old 17th May 2011
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Thank you
Jim
There is a scene in the film where Keef plugs his 3 pickup LP Custom into a "different amp" (I believe a small Vox), and he lets fly with some of the licks. Middle position (bridge and middle pickups out of phase).
17th May 2011
Old 17th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
There is also endless speculation on who played it.. perhaps you could settle that too!

Keith
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search