Your feelings on Mono.
Old 14th May 2011
Lives for gear

Your feelings on Mono.

Hello Phil,

First I just want to thank you for giving your time to help us on Gearslutz. Your knowledge is more than welcome here and personally have learn quite a bit from reading some of your postings in the last few days. My question for you is on the subject of monoaural reproduction in modern music. Is there still a place for it today? Are the methods for making the best out of mono recordings in a mix?

Thank you for your time.
Old 16th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Oliver View Post
Hello Phil,

First I just want to thank you for giving your time to help us on Gearslutz. Your knowledge is more than welcome here and personally have learn quite a bit from reading some of your postings in the last few days. My question for you is on the subject of monoaural reproduction in modern music. Is there still a place for it today? Are the methods for making the best out of mono recordings in a mix?

Thank you for your time.
First let me say that - Mono is fantastic. 80% of my recorded instruments are in mono. Great for placing in a Stereo mix. Many of today's mixes feel like 'wide-mono' to me. If I record everything in stereo I find it harder to get a really wide stereo picture. Mono is still King,,,,,,
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search