John Martyn...
Old 12th May 2011
Gear addict

John Martyn...

One of my heroes and I'd love to hear anything about working with him and what techniques you used in working with him.

On a second point, I make some 15-20 albums a year and the lifestyle is both great and seriously frustrating. Any tips on how to manage the career and the rest of life? regular 12 hour days don't leave much for the family...
Old 12th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesgm View Post
One of my heroes and I'd love to hear anything about working with him and what techniques you used in working with him.

On a second point, I make some 15-20 albums a year and the lifestyle is both great and seriously frustrating. Any tips on how to manage the career and the rest of life? regular 12 hour days don't leave much for the family...

I knew John for years - his children looked after my children - he was wonderful and impossible at the same time - loved him dearly - but difficult to live and work with. One minute beautiful the next hideous. When we recorded One World we set John up in a 12' X 15' room with guitar, pedals, amp. Took D/I feeds after all pedals and fed it outside through a large PA system. Amp AKG D12, outside U87's.
On the home front - never really got to grips with that myself. There's not much left after a 12+ hour day.
In hindsight - put family first - the work is not so important as the manager thinks. If they really want you - they will adjust!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search