Login / Register

Acoustics in the mobiles?
Subscribe
TapeOpAl
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Gear addict

Acoustics in the mobiles?

Hi Phill, enjoyed the book as I said the other day!

You booked the Rolling Stones & Island mobiles a fair bit - what was the sound like? Obviously the gear inside was standard stuff - Helios/Studer/Urei/Tannoy etc but the construction of the room is different. Did you get any surprises when you took the tapes out to a conventional studio or feel like you were fighting with it while working?
12th May 2011
Old 12th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeOpAl View Post
Hi Phill, enjoyed the book as I said the other day!

You booked the Rolling Stones & Island mobiles a fair bit - what was the sound like? Obviously the gear inside was standard stuff - Helios/Studer/Urei/Tannoy etc but the construction of the room is different. Did you get any surprises when you took the tapes out to a conventional studio or feel like you were fighting with it while working?
With any mobile there are limitations regarding accurate monitoring. It was merely a tool. A place to alow one to record...never relied on for the accuracy of the trucks monitoring - we were less precious then and more rock 'n roll. It can always be sorted later. I would play a few tapes in the mobile while we set up and get used to the sound - then GO!
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search