instrument in Talk Talk's "Wealth"
t_d
9th May 2011
Old 9th May 2011
Lives for gear

instrument in Talk Talk's "Wealth"

hi phill

thank you for your time answering everyone's questions... and I hope mine isn't too specific... but, there's a sound in talk talk's "wealth".... the last song SPIRIT OF EDEN... it's that organ-type of instrument that comes in in little bits but plays the most at around 2:30... it's a very unique sounding instrument with such great envelope characteristics. I assume it's some sort of organ, obviously a keyed instrument, but I'm not familiar with various old keyboard instruments soi was wondering if you remember what was used to make this sound?

thank you for your time. these talk talk records continue to inspire me daily.

Taylor
9th May 2011
Old 9th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
hi phill

thank you for your time answering everyone's questions... and I hope mine isn't too specific... but, there's a sound in talk talk's "wealth".... the last song SPIRIT OF EDEN... it's that organ-type of instrument that comes in in little bits but plays the most at around 2:30... it's a very unique sounding instrument with such great envelope characteristics. I assume it's some sort of organ, obviously a keyed instrument, but I'm not familiar with various old keyboard instruments soi was wondering if you remember what was used to make this sound?

thank you for your time. these talk talk records continue to inspire me daily.

Taylor

I believe it to be Hammond. We only used Harmoniums, Piano and Hammond while recording those albums. No synths etc. I think the sound at around 2.28 - 2.44 is Mark on Hammond and playing with the drawbars.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search