Talk Talk remasters
madtheory
6th May 2011
Old 6th May 2011
Gear addict

Talk Talk remasters

Hi Phil,

I'm a great admirer of your work, especially Talk Talk- and O'Rang and Mark Hollis.

The Talk Talk remasters are among the best remasters that have been done, it isn't always that there is such an improvement. What was the aesthetic approach taken? Did the band attend? Did you compare to the original CDs?
8th May 2011
Old 8th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtheory View Post
Hi Phil,

I'm a great admirer of your work, especially Talk Talk- and O'Rang and Mark Hollis.

The Talk Talk remasters are among the best remasters that have been done, it isn't always that there is such an improvement. What was the aesthetic approach taken? Did the band attend? Did you compare to the original CDs?

Thank you, that's great. I master most albums with Denis Blackham - on the original cut of Spirit of Eden he did the original Mastering to digital before we took it to Abbey Road to cut. I did the remastering with Denis at his then 'Country Mastering'. He now runs Skye Mastering - one of the best. We wanted to keep as much of the original sound of the 1/2" and digital 1630 while 'updating' it. Keep it simple - don't f' with it!
madtheory
9th May 2011
Old 9th May 2011
Gear addict

Thanks. Which albums were mixed to the 1630?
9th May 2011
Old 9th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtheory View Post
Thanks. Which albums were mixed to the 1630?
We mixed to 1/2" and safety DAT. 1/2" them mastered with Denis Blackham to 1630. 1630 taken to Abbey Road and cut 'flat' I think
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search