BBC and One Eskimo
kennybro
4th May 2011
Old 4th May 2011
Lives for gear

BBC and One Eskimo

I love the mood and atmosphere created with BBC, Flaws. A few words on the process please; i.e. what was laid in the basic track, how much overdub, and did One Eskimo record with the same approach to basics and OD's.
6th May 2011
Old 6th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
I love the mood and atmosphere created with BBC, Flaws. A few words on the process please; i.e. what was laid in the basic track, how much overdub, and did One Eskimo record with the same approach to basics and OD's.
Great that you have heard One Eskimo - wonderful vocals and lyrics.
One Eskimo was recorded as a 4 piece band at RAK Studio One - API desk. Cahon, Bass, guitar and guide vocal. Tracks recorded to Logic and overdubbed and finished at Rollo's home studio.

BBC -The album came about after recording a couple of tracks at The Church in Crouch End for a John Martyn tribute album. I was brought in at this point to mix the tracks. This then lead to recording more acoustic tracks - mainly at Jack's home on an old 'Magic' software system. Drums, Bass and guide acoustic. Acoustic and vocals then overdubbed. The water sounds and sirens are from Jacks home recordings. My involvement was mainly mixing.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search