Nicky Hopkins
Subscribe
doorknocker
4th May 2011
Old 4th May 2011
Lives for gear

Nicky Hopkins

Dear Phil,

having worked on so many great records over the years, I guess you must have done countless sessions with the great Nicky Hopkins on piano/keyboards.

I always thought that he was such a great but underrated part of much of the classic British albums from the 60s/70s with his work on 'Beggar's Banquet' probably being my fave.

Could you share some insight about working with Nicky, how involved was he in the recdording process and were there any techniques used that stand out for you?

Thanks so much for doing this!

http://www.doorknocker.ch/
6th May 2011
Old 6th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Dear Phil,

having worked on so many great records over the years, I guess you must have done countless sessions with the great Nicky Hopkins on piano/keyboards.

I always thought that he was such a great but underrated part of much of the classic British albums from the 60s/70s with his work on 'Beggar's Banquet' probably being my fave.

Could you share some insight about working with Nicky, how involved was he in the recdording process and were there any techniques used that stand out for you?

Thanks so much for doing this!
Yes Beggars Banquet wonderful - Nicky Hopkins was a lovely guy, shy, quiet and gentle. He was given the freedom to play what he thought would be right - Piano, Hammond, electric piano. No special technical processes - just a fantastic player.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search