Bombay bicycle club - flaws
Subscribe
Joram
4th May 2011
Old 4th May 2011
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to Joram
Bombay bicycle club - flaws

Phill, thanks for taking time to answer questions regarding your work and give your view on music recording.

It seems that your work on Bombay Bicycles Club's Flaws combines "old school" recording techniques and new technology. I believe this album is a great example of looking after 50 years of music recording without being too nostalgic. Please could you inform regarding your view on the album and more specific on the sound ideas and techniques behind the recording? Many thanks in advance!
6th May 2011
Old 6th May 2011
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joram View Post
Phill, thanks for taking time to answer questions regarding your work and give your view on music recording.

It seems that your work on Bombay Bicycles Club's Flaws combines "old school" recording techniques and new technology. I believe this album is a great example of looking after 50 years of music recording without being too nostalgic. Please could you inform regarding your view on the album and more specific on the sound ideas and techniques behind the recording? Many thanks in advance!
BBC -The album came about after recording a couple of tracks at The Church in Crouch End for a John Martyn tribute album. I was brought in at this point to mix the tracks. This then lead to recording more acoustic tracks - mainly at Jack's home on an old 'Magic' software system. Drums, Bass and guide acoustic. Acoustic and vocals then overdubbed. The water sounds and sirens are from Jacks home recordings. My involvement was mainly mixing. I love the album and think Jack will be a star - he reminds me of a male Laura Marling. The album was recorded in an old-style simple way. Few mic's and everything in Mono. I'm very pleased with the album, but it was made very cheaply - recorded on 16 track and mixed in 5 days.
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search