Dynamic EQ
Stargazer
15th September 2004
Old 15th September 2004
Gear addict

Dynamic EQ

I read somewhere on this forum about David's use of dynamic EQ.
I've searched and searched, can't find it.
As I remembered, he uses a Waves-plug (C1?)
When used in this way, does it react when the selected frequency is above threshold, or does it respond to the full-bandwidth-signal?
I've used MC2000 with good results for the same kind of tasks.
One minor drawback:
You have to open at least the 3-band version even if you only want to process one single freq-area.
Has anybody tried the dynamic EQ in CompressorBank?
It responds to the same signal as the compressor, (and uses the same attack/release times) and then compresses/expands the selected freq.
So if you boost a freq in the pre-filter section and set the comp ratio fader to 1.0, and then compress the corresponding freq with the dynamic filter you get ruffly the same function as one band in a MB-comp.
22nd September 2004
Old 22nd September 2004
Lives for gear

bump
23rd September 2004
Old 23rd September 2004
Guest Moderator - September 08

It's like a parametric EQ with a compressor on each band

Stargazer, Renie, check out my interview in April Electronic Musician, not the magazine interview but the internet one where I posted actual screen shots of some hits. I love C1/sc. Look up and study about how the side chain circuit works. If that doesn't answer your question, let me know, and I will explain it. I had a little bit to do with the MC2000 pluggin. I love it. The waves C4 is also amazing. The CB 2 and 3 are quite good. I like the way they also can emmulate classic stuff. I use these 4 compressors every mix. I also have an old analog Rocksonics 3 band that I use a lot also.

Think of these as compressing around a single frequency only, that frequency being the side band frequency. Only on C4 and MC2000 the sc is selected as just a frequency. Dessers work this way, and it is one of the major differences in why compressors sound different from each other.

I'm not sure a ratio of 1:1 will do anything, will it?

Let me know if I need to answer in greater detail. Thanks
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search