Big thanks to Dave Derr.
Old 30th May 2003
Harmless Wacko

Big thanks to Dave Derr.

Old 30th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

TWO MORE DAYS

Heyee Slipper - Thanks!

You know I was just getting on here tonite to say that I only had 2 days to go, and had one great time, and that I too had learned a lot,... including how to even get on a Web Forum.

As you can tell I like to rant on some things but... you all rant about things too, and I loved it. From the Moment Jules, Dave, Martin, Fae, and Lee Flier said Hi, till now, everyone has been so friendly and kind, that it had me signing on every few hours, to see what new angle was being explored... or outrageous idea for a product... or favorite album, etc had appeared on here.

Theres obviously a lot of major dudes hanging out here, and I was soooo pleasantly surprised to see familiar folks on here... folks that I had no idea had tendencies towards debaucherous "slutz-dom."

I wanna say an especial thanks to JULES for inviting me to moderate... and then watch him wondering if I was going to embarass him by not showing.. <laughing> I had a wonderful time Jules, and thanks for your patience... and for pinning me down for another great life experience. Youre a good man, and Im buying you a drink the next time I see ya.

Theres two more days to rant and rave on here so let me just once again say ...

THANKS!
Old 30th May 2003
Gear maniac

its great to see a busy person like yourself find the time to give us insight and answer our questions.

i hope you consider hanging around GS for a while...

thanks
Old 30th May 2003
Gear nut

Yes Yes. Here Here

Thanks Dave, After this month, it's plain to see why your products are so baddass. Great spirits tend to be behind great work.

Hope to hear from you again 'round here and as soon as I get some down time, you'll be hearing from me to finally get my EL-8 Britified.

C
Old 30th May 2003
ThanX!

And I hope you will continue visiting us Gearslutz online!
Keep up the Good Work!!
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Great job Dave! Now... GET BACK TO WORK ON MY EL-EQ!!!
Old 30th May 2003
It was fantastic, thanks a lot.
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Yes thanks... A few yrs back I had an epiphany... I had been (trying to) use ProTools and Waves plug in compressors, and figured I was just an idiot... I just couldn't make these things sound very good... Then I got a distressor and it became virtually impossible to make things sound bad!!! Now with the knowledge I've gained by having worked extensively with a 'real' compressor, I can go back to those plug in compressors and actually make them work... (if I'm forced to)...

I also now own a few dbx 160 x and xt's because I love using the Distressor on bass drum and snare in 160 mode...

curious, did you model your 160 mode after the original 160vu or the x/xt model? (or both, or neither?)
Old 30th May 2003
Gear maniac

Huge thank you.
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Yep! Ditto Slippie!
Old 30th May 2003

Hey Dave,
You did a GRRRRRREAT job with this gig! What a happy place you made this forum. I enjoyed reading your forum very much. All the best to ya. --Vanimal
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Cheers, Dave....

....U da man!

Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Ditto Slipperman... Dave, your replies to our many questions regarding your products and also the wonderul topics you started yourself were truly invaluable! It's been a great month!

thumbsup
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Even though I don't think I took part in any of your threads I'd like to say its been really entertaining and informative to read your posts, so thanks from me too.

And another thanks to Jules for using his obvious persuasive powers in getting you to take part here!

Regards

Roland
Old 30th May 2003
Gear interested

Yes,

Nothing but thanks to Dave Derr.

My Fatso is one of my most of important pieces of gear in my studio.

Thanks for everything.
Old 30th May 2003
Gear maniac

Thanx Dave for all that informative help. I'll definetely buy one Fatso soon.

Khai.
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

Yep, thanks Dave! Love the distressor, use them all the time...

Ian
Old 30th May 2003
Gear addict

Me too....

Me too... 3 Distressors here...
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

It's been an informative month... thanks for taking the time to hang.

Proud owner of one Distressor with a very large "jones" for another... maybe a fatso coodn' hoyt either? thumbsup
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

I always knew that a Distressor and a Fatso were on my "A" list of things to own....after getting a look-see into the man behind it all, its easy to understand why....THANX DAVE!!
Old 31st May 2003
Gear addict

It's been fun and informative having you around, Dave. Don't be a stranger. Nice to know good things can happen for fellow Jersey boys.

Bear
Old 31st May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Quote:
Originally posted by Gone Fission
It's been fun and informative having you around, Dave. Don't be a stranger. Nice to know good things can happen for fellow Jersey boys. Bear
Dont worry, Ill be back! Of course if I ever meet any of you guys or gals at the shows or some place in real life, you wont be able to come up and say "HEY, IM BIFF DWEEDLEMYER or BETSY TWIPPLE"... Instead you will have to say "Hey Dave, Im "Gone Fission" and this is "Jazzius" & "dblackjedi"..."
=======================================
EveAnna - Id know your pretty butt anywheres! and thanks, for your comments, but I wish Id known you were listening in, Cuz now, I wont have any negotiating power for your Massive Passives, which everyone on here says is a MUST HAVE. Its not fair... (Ill be in touch anyways).

Oh... and someone told me you did one of these a few months ago and now Ill have to go figure out where it is, so I can read up. AND if you ever need help getting home again from a Coffee Shop when you are in Amsterdam....

Well theres still over 24 hours left ... so let me keep rantin
Old 31st May 2003
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

Thumbs up

Thanks Dave for being such a terrific guest moderator,
Please DO come back-even "In The Wee Small Hours"!

Chris
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

thanks for hosting Dave I enjoyed reading the threads and have learned an immense amount from all the discussion. And I love my distressors as they are indespensable to me. EL rocks!
Old 31st May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

Thanks Chess & Heinz and everyone!

Sheesh... Im gonna get all misty or somethin here on my last day....

Nahhhhhhhh!.... Ill be back
Old 1st June 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks Dave. It's been bitchin'.
Old 1st June 2003
Banned

Dave,

I wish I had been less busy and hang here a little more

I knew you through your excelent gear, and be here with you made me discover a kindest character whose knowledge is only exceed by his humility.

I'm proud to have chatted with you during one month, and I hope we'll have many more occasion to talk about gear, Franck, and mostly about music and the ggod way to record it.

I'm a udge fan of ya now

kindest regards from France

malice
Old 1st June 2003
Gear maniac

Well Dave,

One day too late.. ...but as they say better late than never..!!

Thanks...and all my very best

Kind regards

Peter
Old 2nd June 2003
Lives for gear

I lurk, therefore I thank.

Been fun reading.

Muchas Gracias.

Old 2nd June 2003
Lives for gear

and thank you from me as well... It's been really, really great!!
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search