Login / Register

Where Will I Be
Subscribe
philosi
18th March 2008
Old 18th March 2008
Gear addict

Where Will I Be

How did you deal with the bass drum(s)? Are we hearing a bass drum from each drum track, or did you feature one? If they are both there, are they panned or both up the center? The bottom end in that song is a musical experience all on its own!

May I also ask, what is that really cool sounding string synth that makes a few appearances on the album? (slow attack cs80, es50 ish)

Thanks,
23rd March 2008
Old 23rd March 2008
Gear Head

The drums on Where Will I Be are two drum kits, one left one right. Both kick drums are in. It so happens that the two drummers are both genius drummers. Willie Green on one side and Brian Blade on the other. The foot action between these two guys is enough to keep me curious for a life time. I played the bass myself and followed the Jamaican bass formula, turn up loud and play quiet. I recorded the first kit years ago, Adam Samuels recorded the new kit. There's an amazing scene of the new drum take in the film Here Is What Is (on the dvd extras). The symphonic string sound is a revisit to the symphonics that I was on to in the 80s. Essentially one octave up and one octave down on an AMS Harmonizer sent to various echos regenerating on themselves. The source was a guitar.

http://redfloorrecords.com/HereIsWhatIs.htm
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search