Login / Register

Neville Brothers - Yellow Moon
Subscribe
Stizz
17th March 2008
Old 17th March 2008
Gear maniac

Neville Brothers - Yellow Moon

First of all, thank you for volunteering your time here!

The bottom end on the Neville Brothers' Yellow Moon is so intense - huge and deep, but still very tight, and not muddy at all. I still use it as one of my references when I go to a new room to check out the monitors. I don't know if there are any "secrets" to share about how you and Malcolm got that low end to translate so well, but any info you could share will be much appreciated!

And while I am on the subject of New Orleans, do you have anything interesting to share regarding Kingsway studio you had built in an old mansion there? My wife was in there with Charles Neville at one point, and she would swear that the joint was haunted...

Peace,
17th March 2008
Old 17th March 2008
Gear Head

The bottom largely comes from Tony Hall's bass playing. He's a great funk bass player and his notes don't last too long therefore they don't murk up the track. Because the bass playing was economical Malcolm and I were able to turn it up real loud.

http://redfloorrecords.com/HereIsWhatIs.htm
Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search