nin - "last" remix
Old 30th June 2009
Gear nut

nin - "last" remix

butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed
Old 30th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by edanderson View Post
butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed
Trent asked me to do a remix, and said "do your own thing, make it different"...and I started recording a lot of new parts, and took it in a much different direction.
When it was finished, Trent thought the front part of the mix didn't fit the EP, so he just used the ending.

I'm glad it's on his website. Duke and Steve worked with me on the remix, in the very early days of Garbage.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search