Making a new band change their name?
Old 30th June 2009
Lives for gear

Making a new band change their name?

heya butch and everyone, i was just wondering if you have ever worked with an unknown or up and coming band and decided during production that a name change was needed for what ever reason, being i.e. not fitting, something better, or maybe to provocative or offensive.

and also do you think a bands name could affect the band success, even if all the songs are the best of quality?

thank you again for your time
Old 30th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekn0 View Post
heya butch and everyone, i was just wondering if you have ever worked with an unknown or up and coming band and decided during production that a name change was needed for what ever reason, being i.e. not fitting, something better, or maybe to provocative or offensive.

and also do you think a bands name could affect the band success, even if all the songs are the best of quality?

thank you again for your time
I don't think a band name will help determine success. A great name might turn some heads initially, but ultimately the songs have to be good.

After all, there are lots of crappy bands with cool names, and lots of great bands with terrible names (Garbage could very well be one of the worst names ever!)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search