New Reply
Subscribe
Alt
29th June 2009
Old 29th June 2009
Gear interested

Recording of Nobody Loves You (Garbage)

Hey Butch, Billy and Mike!!
Thank you very much for doing this and special thanks to Gearslutz.com for making it happen!

Here's a question coming all the way from Bulgaria

Do you guys have any recollections of the songwriting and approach to recording the song Nobody Loves You from beautifulgarbage. It's one of my all time favourite tracks and I'm really curious to know more details how it came about?

There is this constant discussion going among Garbage fans about the lyrics of the song during the last minute of the song. What are they? Are they intentionally not included in any album booklet in order to remain 'secret'? Does this whole thing has to do with the fact that the song was never performed live or was it just too hard to make the studio recording - live transition?

Thank you once again!
Alt
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear interested

30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt View Post
Hey Butch, Billy and Mike!!
Thank you very much for doing this and special thanks to Gearslutz.com for making it happen!

Here's a question coming all the way from Bulgaria

Do you guys have any recollections of the songwriting and approach to recording the song Nobody Loves You from beautifulgarbage. It's one of my all time favourite tracks and I'm really curious to know more details how it came about?

There is this constant discussion going among Garbage fans about the lyrics of the song during the last minute of the song. What are they? Are they intentionally not included in any album booklet in order to remain 'secret'? Does this whole thing has to do with the fact that the song was never performed live or was it just too hard to make the studio recording - live transition?

Thank you once again!
Shirley wanted to keep those vocals back in the mix. I think it's meant to be heard as voices swirling in your head...and the listener can make up in their own mind what the voices are saying.
30th June 2009
Old 30th June 2009
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchVig View Post
Shirley wanted to keep those vocals back in the mix. I think it's meant to be heard as voices swirling in your head...and the listener can make up in their own mind what the voices are saying.
I also seem to remember that Nobody Loves You almost didn't make the record.. wasn't it a last-minute decision during mastering?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search