Gear interested

Software Twisted Tools Releases ULTRALOOP

Twisted Tools releases ULTRALOOP

New loop remixing sampler, instantly generates infinite new loops

ULTRALOOP Official Trailer

ULTRALOOP Tutorial by Brent Kallmer from Bluewatervst

ULTRALOOP Audio Demos
http://soundcloud.com/twistedtools/sets/ultraloop

San Francsico, January 14th, 2014 - Twisted Tools have released ULTRALOOP, a first-of-its-kind loop remixing sampler with a fast and intuitive visual workflow for Native Instruments *Reaktor. ULTRALOOP combines advanced loop layering, comping, effect processing and automation techniques to generate new grooves, riffs and song ideas. You can use ULTRALOOP with the included factory sample library or to remix your own samples, injecting new life into any existing loop library. ULTRALOOP is available now from the Twisted Tools Shop for $69.

At the core of ULTRALOOP is an advanced loop layering engine and sequencer, capable of both layering and comping - a production technique that allows you to flip between layered tracks that are playing back simultaneously, by muting and un-muting slices of each layer. Up to eight tracks with loops of any BPM can be layered or comped together in real-time and can be further processed using the all-new Gestural FX engine. The Gestural FX engine automatically generates dynamic effect movements that ramp and modulate over time, using a suite of creative effects designed to produce endless fills, articulations and variations.

To create additional loops and variations, ULTRALOOP features and endless supply of randomization functions, connected to a unique Preset Grid system for each main parameter group. A Preset Grid allows you to store, recall and automate settings by using a dynamic memory grid made up of 17 slots that can be played on-the-fly. The settings for the entire instrument, including all the parameter Preset Grids can be stored and recalled in one of eight Global Scenes, allowing you to create infinite loop variations. All the relevant instrument features can be played with live, without skipping a beat, by using a mouse, MIDI or OSC.

ULTRALOOP comes bundled with various additional content, including an iPad *Lemur template by Antonio Blanca and a factory loop library by artists from Enig’matik, Loopmasters and Sounds of Revolution. A series of Ultraloop Expansion Packs are available separately and feature loops and presets by artists such as Si Begg, Dusty Fungus and Chris Carter.

*Reaktor Player not supported.

**iPad and Liine Lemur iPad App sold separately

Pricing and availability

ULTRALOOP is available from the Twisted Tools Shop for $69

Additional Expansion Loop Packs can be purchased for $19/each

Further product information and press material

Ultraloop | Twisted Tools

Loop Expansions

Loops | Twisted Tools

Features

Loop Remixing Sampler.
Advanced layered sampler engine with intuitive interface.
Visual loop compositing.
Generative Gestural FX to create fills, articulations and variations.
FX Sequencer
Specialized track sequencer with mono and poly draw modes.
Layered playback and editing of up to eight tracks simultaneously.
Independent controls per layer, organized into parameter cells with sliders.
Automatable Preset Grids per parameter group, with 17 memory slots each
8 Global Scenes per snapshot
Preset Grids and Scenes are playable via mouse, MIDI or OSC.
Extensive randomization options.
Time and pitch stretching to allow loops with different BPMs.
Flexible multi-output routing per layer.
Master Punch control
Swing
Control nearly every parameter with included iPad Lemur OSC Template by Antonio Blanca
3+ banks of presets
2224 Sound Variations
Over 800mb of included factory sample content by from Enig'matik Records, Loopmasters and Sounds of Revolution.
Optional Expansion Packs by cutting edge artists such as Dusty Fungus, Chris Carter and Si Begg

Sample content and sound design by

Antonio Blanca, Apparition, Chris Komus, Dusty Fungus, Fine Cut Bodies, Flint Kids, Josh Hinden, Ion Driver, Itsu, Kilowatts, Loopmasters, Oliver Schmitt, Sounds of Revolution, Sonictwist, Sun in Aquarius and Whitebear

Official Trailer:

ULTRALOOP - Out Now - YouTube

Videos:

Ultraloop | Twisted Tools

Ultraloop Youtube Playlist with various videos:

Ultraloop - YouTube

Tutorial by BluewaterVST

ULTRALOOP Tutorial by Brent Kallmer from bluewatervst.com - YouTube

Audio:

ULTRALOOP Demos by twistedtools on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Optional Loop Expansions:

https://soundcloud.com/twistedtools/...ansion/s-gGiDs

https://soundcloud.com/twistedtools/...ansion/s-r6kMZ

https://soundcloud.com/twistedtools/...ansion/s-PKPnY
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Lives for gear

Any discounts for owners of previous ensembles?
Twisted Tools
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear interested

Hi Vibralux, there are no additional discounts at the moment. Sorry! We hope you'll still consider purchasing. Thanks!
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear addict

Absolutely fantastic and unique...SO many possibilities of application to many types of music. Just zeroing in on a couple of 'cells' at a time is going to keep me up for several days!

As always, a well thought out implementation of a unique combination of ideas (sample slice realtime transformation and creative gate sequencing) with LOTS of performance enhancements and creative tools to assist the exploration of such a deep range of parameter amalgams...well done Twisted Tools ;-)
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear Head

Hi,

Again a really great tool ! It will be perfect to have it as an individual plugin, with drag'n drop for the samples, because the sample bank of Reaktor is too complicate for a good workflow..

Best,
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

I played with ultraloop yesterday.

As always Twisted Tools rises the level once again...
Really amazing results. Instant fun.

I guess this is still a so useful tool for any reaktor map creation if you want to use your own samples....

Choronzon

Corsair hydro series H100

RME Fireface UFX + Fireface 800
Cubase 7.5 (x64) - Live 9 (x64)
Neve 8816 summing mixer - Genelec 1031 A / 1092 A
Subphatty - Tempest - Minibrute
Supernova 2 - JP-8000
Keith McMillen QUNEO - NI Maschine mkI
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear maniac

Looks really great!
Is everything also automatable inside your DAW?

edit: nevermind, I found out I can do what I want by sending midi notes.
Can you just explain a bit more about how to use your own loops and samples?
How to import them and are these automatically time-stretched?
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

Awesome
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

I love the attention twisted tools have always given the ipad. I'll probably buy very soon!
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear interested

@HolB - You can drag and drop your own samples into Reaktor sample map editor when you're in 'edit mode'. It's super easy!
16th January 2014
Old 16th January 2014
Gear maniac

I am waiting for twisted tools to release an actual instrument instead of effects and loop manglers , they look and sound great ..but I really don't like these instant gratification effects
19th January 2014
Old 19th January 2014
Gear addict

This thing look pretty awesome - got my attention from a tutorial over at Dubspot.
DSK
19th January 2014
Old 19th January 2014
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Any discounts for owners of previous ensembles?
Yeah I have that issue too.. bought the full bundle last year unaware that there aren't any upgrade paths...
Actually considering selling the bundle and buying them all again just to save up.

I have nothing against their policy, and I understand their position, but if I knew this detail I would have waited a bit more before taking the plunge....

Then I remember I should not be too greedy and explore what I already have from them more before wanting new toys.

As a advice for Twisted Tools:

You have lost a few purchases from me because of this, as I can't afford them at their full price or justify them. So for customers like me a upgrade path would have meant instant more sales for you.

Possibly most customers of yours are able to afford your fantastic work at the asking price (which is fair for what you offer) and you don't need to reconsider this.

If that's so I understand, but if not and most customers are like me I really don't get why you don't offer upgrade paths.

Regardless keep up the amazing work and do whatever you need to do to exist!
Twisted Tools
20th January 2014
Old 20th January 2014
Gear interested

Hi DSK,

We're listening. We totally get that if you bought a bunch of stuff and are a loyal customer, that it would make sense to offer people like you upgrade paths.

The thing is, we also have to take into account all the customers who bought single items over time, and other bundles (there are lots of them, and lots of different product combinations!) and it starts to get quite complex to setup. It is literally impossible to do using the shopping cart system we're currently running which is very basic and offers little control over things. So, we're working on changing carts and building a new website, so that we can even begin to contemplate setting anything like that up. We can't promise anything at the moment though, but we assure you we are aware of the situation and how customers like you might be feeling. We try to make up for it with sales, freebies, etc. on occasion.

If we've lost some purchases from you, we're truly sorry for that. You do know that you can take advantage of a buy any 3 bundle of those products now and save 15-25%. It's not 50% off, but it's something significant.

Anyhow, we hope you will still consider purchasing. Please know we'll try our best to improve things for customers in your situation in the future.

Best,

Josh
20th January 2014
Old 20th January 2014
Gear maniac

I got the all bundle too last year and while I constantly like what I see and hear I havent found that many immediate hands on use situations for the TT ensembles. Every time I play around with many of them I'm asking myself 'why on earth am i not using these more often?' and the truth is Reaktor can be a little crash prone to fire up in a bigger project and the second thing is dealing with Reaktor and its sample maps feature can be a little daunting for a person not using reaktor all that much (not familiar with reaktor ecosystem.. qeustions like are the maps saved with the project, how can i load old maps, edit them, re-save, storage location, saving ensembles as 'local versions', saving presets or snapshots etc etc). I mean it sadly isnt as immediate as a softsynth.... But I'm learning - TT ensembles sound so good I find it may be worth it

to be fair , a few tracks i've done / released have succesfully used twisted tools products in the way i find them most useful and that is creating variation, layers and overall audio candy. the great thing about TT ensembles is that they do not draw too much attention to them when used in moderation but they bang on make everything sound kooler and keeps the ears interested. i just wish it was a little more immediate to use these tools...

TT - if you're listening please keep on releasing more how-to use videos (as you have with Ultraloop). They are really helpful for people like myself who arent intimately familiar with the inner workings of reaktor.
DSK
20th January 2014
Old 20th January 2014
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tools View Post
Hi DSK,

We're listening. We totally get that if you bought a bunch of stuff and are a loyal customer, that it would make sense to offer people like you upgrade paths.

The thing is, we also have to take into account all the customers who bought single items over time, and other bundles (there are lots of them, and lots of different product combinations!) and it starts to get quite complex to setup. It is literally impossible to do using the shopping cart system we're currently running which is very basic and offers little control over things. So, we're working on changing carts and building a new website, so that we can even begin to contemplate setting anything like that up. We can't promise anything at the moment though, but we assure you we are aware of the situation and how customers like you might be feeling. We try to make up for it with sales, freebies, etc. on occasion.

If we've lost some purchases from you, we're truly sorry for that. You do know that you can take advantage of a buy any 3 bundle of those products now and save 15-25%. It's not 50% off, but it's something significant.

Anyhow, we hope you will still consider purchasing. Please know we'll try our best to improve things for customers in your situation in the future.

Best,

Josh
Josh thanks for the quick and lengthy answer, your time is appreciated!

First of all I hope that from my message it didn't translate as I feel entitled to these upgrade paths by any means! I was just trained by the the audio SW climate to expect upgrade paths so it was more of a surprise that you didn't had one. Luckily even if I didn't used everything from your bundle I got a lot of good things from what I did use so I don't feel TT owes me anything!

I have a lot of tools from you for a reasonable price by purchasing basically every thing you had at that moment in time at a seriously discounted price. I did that because I waited long enough without getting anything from you and was drooling over S-Layer for some time among other things (but S-Layer sealed the deal basically and pushed me to make that effort and not choose any possible competitors for those kind of applications).

The real problem is that your output is of such good quality and insane flexibility that almost any tool you put out makes me tingle inside, but the various parameters of the real world don't allow me to afford it. So for me it made sense to get the bundle which is a sensible offer.

Also I really like to use various tools for any particular task so having all/most of yours made perfect sense, so a upgrade path would also fit into my kind of workflow based on various inspirations of the moment.

Will take my time and learn what I have, put the greed monster to sleep and awake the creative one until either my situation allows me to afford them or you make it easier for customers like me.

It's really great to see the money spent on your bundle supports further developments into unknown territories, creates a sustainable environment for living and developing stuff like this.

I would never chose having your work for a smaller price if this would risk your future. Anyway relieved that you are considering making something like this happen!

To end with a cliche it's not your situation, it's my situation that lost you a few sales

Thanks for the creations and for listening!

...and now back to your regular program before the thread derails too much into "6 more advices on how to please nitpicking customers" territory for the next 10 pages
Twisted Tools
20th January 2014
Old 20th January 2014
Gear interested

@dsk Thanks for the kind words DSK! We'll do our best to keep making stuff you drool over and will always keep our customer suggestions in mind.
@brasco - We'll try to do some more tutorials. We understand that Reaktor can be a bit of a tough nut to crack. Please write on our forums or send us an email if you have more topics you'd like to see covered. Also check out ReaktorTutorials.com for some good material about learning Reaktor in general though it is a bit more 'programming' focused.
26th January 2014
Old 26th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
This thing look pretty awesome - got my attention from a tutorial over at Dubspot.
Likewise. I bought it straight away. While I use hardware instruments for most parts of my tracks, I still use at least some loops for adding detail, so this is perfect for manipulating them creatively.

It will save my hours of time spent manual micro sampling. It sounds so good as well due to the "punch" glue compressor/maximizer.

That "punch" processor is so good I asked them if there was a way of me extracting it from the ensemble to use standalone. They informed me that their MAXMS effect is basically the same thing, so I picked up that as well. It's so good for increasing perceived loudness without killing the dynamic range too much. Very transparent, and has made a significant difference to how full my mixes sound. Highly recommended.

The Lemur iPad app templates for the Twisted Tools products are so good as well. I wish more developers would release companion iPad apps. (Apart form Twisted Tools, it's only really Camel Audio with Alchemy and to a lesser extent Spectrsonics with Omi-TR that have control apps as far as I know)

I didn't really use the Lemur app until I got the Twisted Tools products, but now I'll use it all the time. It makes for a great union of software and gratifying tactile control. Any hands on control is more fun that mouse control.
DSK
26th January 2014
Old 26th January 2014
DSK
Lives for gear

Yeah I got the Lemur app mostly for using the TT stuff I have to the max potential.

Great pair.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search