Login / Register

AudioLock - Protect your music or sample libraries from Piracy - 1 month free trial!
New Reply
Subscribe
mdf25
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Gear maniac

Software AudioLock - Protect your music or sample libraries from Piracy - 1 month free trial!

Hi folks,

I would like to introduce you to AudioLock - the 24/7 automated anti-piracy system. Although it's been going for quite a while, we have some updated features which folks on here may be interested in, focusing in particular about protecting sample libraries from piracy.

You can find our site here: AudioLock | Music anti-piracy services and DMCA notice sending

First off, here's some topline on AudioLock:

- Our automated anti-piracy service protects hundreds of cross-genre labels and artists, across five continents and 13 countries. We are also protecting sample libraries from various companies and developers.

- Our clients include the likes of Warp, Mute, Ministry of Sound (UK & Australia) and artists like Tiesto, Goldfrapp and Katie Melua.

- Google's Transparency Report ranks AudioLock as the world's most effective, independent, music-specific anti-piracy service for removing infringing content from it's pages. We rank overall as #13 in the world, out of over 28,000 reporters - but unlike those above us in the Report we only protect music and sample libraries.
Copyright Removal Requests – Google Transparency Report

- Our clients employ AudioLock to remove piracy to their releases on Google and Bing. By removing this piracy client's legitimate buy-links to iTunes, Amazon, Beatport and their own websites etc are raised higher on search results, giving them more exposure to their users and fans, which in turn helps drive their sales higher by 5-25% (see testimonials) and chart positions.

You can read what 50 leading indie labels think of our service on our testimonials page: AudioLock | Testimonials

For further details about exactly how our system works, you can visit our FAQ page here: AudioLock | Frequently Asked Questions

Our newest development is the protection of sample libraries from piracy. Being musicians and developers ourselves, we fully appreciate all the hard work, time and energy that producers and developers put into creating spectacular, affordable (and in some cases, HUGE) sample packs for others to use in their productions.

I've been a close follower of Gearslutz for quite a long time, and it frustrates me that when new products get released, pirates get their hands on it and Google (and indeed other search engines) are indexing sites that give away your content for free. That is why for 2014, we are offering custom free trials to any artists, record labels, and sample library producers/developers/companies for all the work you put in to your creations to help your fans and users find your official pages and kickstart 2014 with a bang! Our free trial is fully featured with no limitations - you get the complete package, customer support, and instant feedback on the piracy we remove - and it's completely automated!

You are of course welcome to use the free trial link on the website - however, this will only give you free trials to protect 2 tracks or sample libraries. If you contact me directly I can create you additional slots to use as part of your free trial.

If you would like to discuss further what we can do for your music and sample libraries, I'm happy to answer any questions on here or by email. In addition, for custom made free trial accounts specific to your needs, you can email me on max.fox@audiolock.net

Thanks for reading!

Max
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

What about "scene" torrent trackers and FTP? Guess there's nothing that can be done about those (and they are more "dangerous", so to speak, than your ordinary google search...)
mdf25
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
What about "scene" torrent trackers and FTP? Guess there's nothing that can be done about those (and they are more "dangerous", so to speak, than your ordinary google search...)
Hi Evil Dragon,

FTP sites are much harder to deal with but there is one weak point in every FTP site system. We eliminate them by removing any site that hosts the FTP system from search indexes, as normal but we also target their weak point. Due to a non-disclosure act I can't discuss the intricacies of our method - but its certainly possible to remove them.

We have a huge development schedule lined up for 2014!
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

Good, good. Keep the info coming then!

Although I don't think anything can be done with private trackers. How are you going to prevent somebody sharing a library there?
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

Good work! Now just bring down the private trackers... It does annoy when I pay for my samples and a mate shows up with the same samples that they got off a tracker - it's pretty annoying when your poor yourself..,,
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Gear maniac

Hi dogma,

I appreciate how frustrating it can be to see people exploiting others' hard efforts and pirating the sample libraries from trackers.

This kind of action is definitely harming the music industry and it ruins some peoples' livelihood - we are doing our best to give rights holders the credit they deserve and will continue to do so. I will keep everyone posted on updates to the system as we go along.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear Head

You can't touch private trackers, good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf25 View Post

This kind of action is definitely harming the music industry and it ruins some peoples' livelihood
Screw the industry. Music doesn't need an industry and I honestly hope it completely collapses. It really needs a reboot.

The fact that people are still fighting piracy as if it is something you can win just shows how naive people can be.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear nut

Glad to hear you're making progress.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

so you are making money from pirates and piracy? I thought discussions about piracy and hacking is not allowed on GS.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
so you are making money from pirates and piracy? I thought discussions about piracy and hacking is not allowed on GS.
Hi depulse - I'm not in any way discussing hacking of any kind - quote me if I'm wrong, but I've not said anything on the subject. If you are referring to 'weak point' on my answer to FTPs, I can confirm we do not and will not use such measures as there are much better and safer ways to deal with these.

To state we are making money from piracy is also very misleading - we have a report on our blog with testimonials that has shown that labels reported up to a 25% increase in their sales when their releases were protected from piracy - so actually it is from protection that we help generate income for those labels/artists and not by encouraging piracy so we can line our pockets.

I've only posted this thread to advertise our music related product which I believe is perfectly OK, and not to discuss piracy - this is meant to be for questions about the system and not a general piracy discussion - which is why your question about 'making money from pirates and piracy' shouldn't be posed, and admittedly my answer to that. If the mods don't think I am complying with the rules I will understand and they can remove this thread or block posts as necessary.
mdf25
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundationsAudio View Post
You can't touch private trackers, good luck with that.

Screw the industry. Music doesn't need an industry and I honestly hope it completely collapses. It really needs a reboot.

The fact that people are still fighting piracy as if it is something you can win just shows how naive people can be.
Hi FoundationsAudio - it's true that piracy is an ongoing battle - which is why any company or service that claims they can remove 100% of piracy is quite frankly, lying.

Our product will not remove 100% of piracy, just like all others out there cannot - but unlike others, we target the piracy where it matters - results in search engines with highest SEO, and then clear up as much of the rest as is possible. It's a fact that 6% of people go past p1 in any search, so effectively we eliminate 94% right off the bat and ensure the official sites are pushed back to the top of search listings - increasing traffic to official pages and thus resulting in more sales for the artist/label. And all of this is done 24/7 and not only during 'office hours'.
mdf25
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrs View Post
Glad to hear you're making progress.
Thanks for the kind words wbrs - it's nice to find people who are in support of what we do and will speak out.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf25 View Post
Hi FoundationsAudio - it's true that piracy is an ongoing battle - which is why any company or service that claims they can remove 100% of piracy is quite frankly, lying.

Our product will not remove 100% of piracy, just like all others out there cannot - but unlike others, we target the piracy where it matters - results in search engines with highest SEO, and then clear up as much of the rest as is possible. It's a fact that 6% of people go past p1 in any search, so effectively we eliminate 94% right off the bat and ensure the official sites are pushed back to the top of search listings - increasing traffic to official pages and thus resulting in more sales for the artist/label. And all of this is done 24/7 and not only during 'office hours'.
Not that is a classy answer. Thumbs up.
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter8 View Post
Not that is a classy answer. Thumbs up.
Now* ?
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Lives for gear

mdf25
13th March 2014
Old 13th March 2014
Gear maniac

Hi guys,

Well 2 months on...

We have been working hard on improving search functionality on AudioLock, and now the anti-piracy scanning & takedown service is becoming much more efficient and it's at its best yet! We now index a wider variety of sites than ever, and the system is now removing content even faster - so a great win from all sides. Our developers have done a great job!

We are still finalising things on our end which should take a couple of weeks, but we have already seen a vast improvement in takedown results from search engines and file lockers (including a few new ones) when the improvements went live today. In just 24 hours we automatically removed 3000 additional links for content hosted on AudioLock.

If you have music or sample libraries that you would like to protect for free for a month, drop me a message at max.fox@audiolock.net and we can set you up with a custom free trial account.

Will keep you all posted on other major updates to AudioLock - hope you guys had a great start to 2014!

Max
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search