Gearslutz.com

Gearslutz.com (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Product Alerts older than 2 months (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/)
-   -   Vectorscope for iPad now available from TroikaLabs (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/889948-vectorscope-ipad-now-available-troikalabs.html)

TroikaLabs 9th December 2013 10:58 AM

Vectorscope for iPad now available from TroikaLabs
 
Vectorscope is the perfect tool to analyze your stereo material. Whether you are a producer, mixer, recording artist, or student, we believe that Vectorscope will soon become an indispensable tool for all your stereo audio needs.

Vectorscope accepts audio coming either from an external iOS-compatible audio device or from an Audiobus-compatible app. Choosing one mode or the other couldn't be easier: When the app is connected to Audiobus, the audio will be routed automatically thru it, otherwise the chosen audio source will be external — that simple.

http://assets2.troikalabs.com/Vector...enshot1_2x.png

Applications
  • Identifying issues in the stereo image.
  • Checking phase and stereo balance issues.
  • As a professional stereo metering with peak, RMS, peak hold, and max peak readings.
  • Calibrating preamp, compressor, EQ, and other external processors' gains for optimal stereo recording, mixing, etc.
  • And many more.

Intended Audience
  • DAW producers, mixers, recording artists, etc.
  • As an educational tool for audio engineering students.
  • All kind of Audiobus addicts.

Main Features
  • Polar and Lissajous function plotting.
  • 2-Channel metering with peak, RMS, peak hold, and max peak readings.
  • Stereo balance meter.
  • Phase correlation meter.
  • Autoscale or manual scaling rates (1x up to 8x).
  • Adjustable scope fading rate.
  • 5 color schemes.
  • Mute Output button.
  • External audio and Audiobus input.
  • Total parameter recall.
  • High resolution graphics optimized for Retina displays.

System Requirements:
  • Apple iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini, Mini Retina, Air.
  • iOS 5 or above.
  • iOS-compatible audio device with at least 2 input channels (when using external audio).
  • Audiobus app for iOS installed (if Audiobus integration is required).

Price: $5.99

Product's URL: Vectorscope — Audiobus-compatible Polar and Lissajous vectorscope for iPad

http://assets0.troikalabs.com/Downlo..._App_Store.png

TroikaLabs 9th December 2013 10:59 AM

Vectorscope for iPad — Promo Video
 

Izzi 10th December 2013 08:35 AM

Congrats on the fantastic new App!

Just gave the app a little test drive in "Standalone" and it's crashing on every launch.

Have you tried Vectorscope on my type of Rig?

iPad Air (Wi-Fi, 128GB), iOS 7 (7.0.4).

Hope you can help!

TroikaLabs 10th December 2013 09:42 AM

Dear Izzi,

Thank you!

We suspect the crashing could be due to a low memory condition. Please try closing other applications first (double-tap the Home screen button and then swipe up any unneeded app to close it and free some memory) and then try launching Vectorscope again.

Let us know if this helps.

p.s. We have sent you an email with further instructions.

Izzi 10th December 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Answering U through email.

Over & out...

adrianbradford 11th December 2013 12:48 AM

Hi! This looks really great, something I've been thinking about for a while.. So any kind of iPad compatible audio interface with a line input should work I guess.. Is there a way on the app to calibrate the input level?

Falconex 11th December 2013 08:48 AM

So, if I'm a Logic Pro X user, whether it is possible to work with Vectorscope with my daw? How to connect iPad to Mac for this to work? (cable, same wifi network ?) Or is it impossible?

TroikaLabs 11th December 2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianbradford (Post 9666307)
Hi! This looks really great, something I've been thinking about for a while.. So any kind of iPad compatible audio interface with a line input should work I guess..

Correct. For a list of all the iPad-compatible devices, please check Auria by WaveMachine Labs - Auria Audio Interfaces

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianbradford (Post 9666307)
Is there a way on the app to calibrate the input level?

Currently not, but we have added this to our list of to-do list for v1.1, together with EBU R128 loudness metering and other cool stuff.

Stay tuned!

TroikaLabs 11th December 2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falconex (Post 9667103)
So, if I'm a Logic Pro X user, whether it is possible to work with Vectorscope with my daw? How to connect iPad to Mac for this to work? (cable, same wifi network ?) Or is it impossible?

You will need a dedicated audio interface that is compatible with the iPad (check my previous post) and send a copy of your main outs (or anything else you would want to send to the vectorscope) to the audio interface connected to your iPad. We ruled out the wifi option because latency can be unpredictable and could easily cause glitches over a wireless network.

Hope this helps.

Izzi 11th December 2013 11:04 PM

Would greatly appreciate adding a "Help/Suggested Set Up" Menu within the App!

Also, I know that the app can be used with "Audiobus", but please consider making a "Plug-In" version as well to work as a plug-in within "Auria" by WaveMachine Labs.

So besides the stand alone version of Vectorscope, you also can have the option of inserting it as a "plug-in" on say, your Master Bus within Auria. As well as being able to insert it as a plug-in on say, an incoming stereo signal!

The company "Sugar Bytes GmbH" does this. They have iPad stand alone versions (WOW2 & Turnado), as well as plug-in versions that both work within Auria.
One price for both the stand alone app & plug-in within Auria.

http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/pr...ex.php?lang=en

http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/pr...ex.php?lang=en

This would be very cool!!!

Hope that makes sense! ;)

Falconex 12th December 2013 07:49 AM

Certainly a lot more people decided to buy it, if it also works on the wi-fi (I'm one of them). I'm already using eq analyzers by wi-fi and it works very good. You really should think about it because many people work on tour, too, and your program makes a really good impression!

TroikaLabs 12th December 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzi (Post 9668961)
Would greatly appreciate adding a "Help/Suggested Set Up" Menu within the App!

Also, I know that the app can be used with "Audiobus", but please consider making a "Plug-In" version as well to work as a plug-in within "Auria" by WaveMachine Labs.

So besides the stand alone version of Vectorscope, you also can have the option of inserting it as a "plug-in" on say, your Master Bus within Auria. As well as being able to insert it as a plug-in on say, an incoming stereo signal!

The company "Sugar Bytes GmbH" does this. They have iPad stand alone versions (WOW2 & Turnado), as well as plug-in versions that both work within Auria.
One price for both the stand alone app & plug-in within Auria.

Sugar Bytes WOW2 iPad Edition

Sugar Bytes Turnado iPad Edition

This would be very cool!!!

Hope that makes sense! ;)

Izzi, I completely agree with you about the "Help / Suggested Setup" feature (and also perhaps a PDF manual) — Added to the 1.1 feature list.

We will study the Auria option.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! kfhkh

Izzi 12th December 2013 11:40 PM

My pleasure! ;)

Izzi 14th December 2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroikaLabs (Post 9670981)
Izzi, I completely agree with you about the "Help / Suggested Setup" feature (and also perhaps a PDF manual) — Added to the 1.1 feature list.

We will study the Auria option.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! kfhkh

Thanks so much for such a quick update... No crashes here!

Jeezo 15th December 2013 06:05 AM

Why don't you just release it as a plugin my friend ?

Falconex 16th December 2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeezo (Post 9678042)
Why don't you just release it as a plugin my friend ?

+1

kirkwoodwest 16th December 2013 10:40 PM

please somebody tell me how to use this meter and why i should have one.

all i know is that it looks cool. <3

k. thanks.

kirkwoodwest 23rd December 2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkwoodwest (Post 9682286)
please somebody tell me how to use this meter and why i should have one.

all i know is that it looks cool. <3

k. thanks.

haha... nobody knows how to use this do they?



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.