Syntorial - Synthesizer training software
Old 22nd August 2013
  #1
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Software Syntorial - Synthesizer training software

Hey Everyone

We're proud to announce the release of Syntorial on Tuesday Aug 27th @ 10 am EST. Syntorial is synthesizer training software designed to teach synth programming and sound design. It's kind of like Rosetta Stone for synths. Here's a demonstration/promo video to show you how it works:



You can go to www.syntorial.com to find out more. There will be a free demo version available to try before you buy, and we'll be running an introductory sale until Sep 6.
Quote
3
Old 22nd August 2013
  #2
Gear nut
 

Was thinking about a product like ear training for synthesis yesterday! Pure genius and funny coincidence. Looking forward to your release.
Old 22nd August 2013
  #3
Gear nut
 
Nantho's Avatar
 

Nice ! I'll give it a try
Old 23rd August 2013
  #4
Gear maniac
 
Aux13's Avatar
 

Great.
Old 23rd August 2013
  #5
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
Was thinking about a product like ear training for synthesis yesterday! Pure genius and funny coincidence. Looking forward to your release.
That IS a coincidence. Reminds me of this: wikipedia.
Old 23rd August 2013
  #6
Gear nut
 

$120?! no way.
Old 23rd August 2013
  #7
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
It'll be on sale for $99.99 until Sep 6.
Old 23rd August 2013
  #8
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHanleyMusic View Post
That IS a coincidence. Reminds me of this: wikipedia.
Nice article.

But don't try to fool me. You sdole my bidness!!!
Haha.

Every time i tend to be late. Had some ideas and i always come when there is already one model in development. Anyway i don't have any fund to help me build anything.

And in this case, it was mostly something i needed as a tool. So it's fairly good! I i look forward to try it.

But as said above, 120$ seems a bit expensive.
Will think about the 99$ discount.

Wish you the best for your business.
Old 24th August 2013
  #9
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
Nice article.

But don't try to fool me. You sdole my bidness!!!
Haha.

Every time i tend to be late. Had some ideas and i always come when there is already one model in development. Anyway i don't have any fund to help me build anything.

And in this case, it was mostly something i needed as a tool. So it's fairly good! I i look forward to try it.

But as said above, 120$ seems a bit expensive.
Will think about the 99$ discount.

Wish you the best for your business.
Ha. Thanks.
Old 24th August 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Michael E's Avatar
Will it be available in the Apple App Store?
Old 24th August 2013
  #11
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
Will it be available in the Apple App Store?
As of right now, no. But we're considering it in the future. Is there a particular reason why you'd prefer to download from the App store vs our site?
Old 24th August 2013
  #12
Gear nut
 
Strawberry's Avatar
Looks good, will defo give it a try!
Old 25th August 2013
  #13
Lives for gear
 

App Store is the way to go for the entire music instruments industry... Manual Installation and updating by hand is a thing of the past..
Quote
1
Old 25th August 2013
  #14
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGoldstein View Post
App Store is the way to go for the entire music instruments industry... Manual Installation and updating by hand is a thing of the past..
Because of Apple's stringent App Store regulations (including sandboxing) it is unlikely that the majority of pro music applications will ever make it into the App Store. The App Store disallows the addition of plug-ins by default. The only reason why Logic Audio is in the store because they relax their rules in regards to their own product line.
Old 25th August 2013
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Benmrx's Avatar
 

IF this does go to the App Store, PLEEEEASE also keep the regular download/purchase options.
Quote
1
Old 25th August 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Michael E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHanleyMusic View Post
Is there a particular reason why you'd prefer to download from the App store vs our site?
Well, it's handy to keep all stuff in one place.
Plus developers will get users reviews for each version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGoldstein View Post
App Store is the way to go for the entire music instruments industry... Manual Installation and updating by hand is a
thing of the past..
Yeah, I hope one day Apple will do it. Already thinking about "Dear Santa" style email for Mr. Cook.
Old 25th August 2013
  #17
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
If we went App Store we would definitely keep it available on our site as well (especially since we have a PC version).
Old 25th August 2013
  #18
Lives for gear
 
clonewar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
IF this does go to the App Store, PLEEEEASE also keep the regular download/purchase options.
+1.. I guess I'm still old school (2012).

BTW, the program looks great, I'll probably pick it up this week.
Old 25th August 2013
  #19
Gear nut
 

+1 it looks good indeed!
Old 25th August 2013
  #20
Lives for gear
 
SWAN808's Avatar
I remember this - thought it looked excellent...def interested...
Old 26th August 2013
  #21
Lives for gear
 
login's Avatar
Going to try, very interested but need to see if its worth the 99 usd. Definitely something that was missing in the market
Old 26th August 2013
  #22
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHanleyMusic View Post
Hey Everyone

We're proud to announce the release of Syntorial on Tuesday Aug 27th @ 10 am EST. Syntorial is synthesizer training software designed to teach synth programming and sound design. It's kind of like Rosetta Stone for synths. Here's a demonstration/promo video to show you how it works:



You can go to www.syntorial.com to find out more. There will be a free demo version available to try before you buy, and we'll be running an introductory sale until Sep 6.
This is a great idea. Pop music today is filled with synths and I personally pay someone to help me program patches needed to do covers when I'm hired to do so. This would pay for itself very quickly if I could manage to learn enough from it!

TH
Old 27th August 2013
  #23
Gear interested
 

The download speed rate is so slow that I wonder if I'm really gonna purchase it, waiting 2 hours for the 150 mo demo x)
Old 27th August 2013
  #24
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chnebierk View Post
The download speed rate is so slow that I wonder if I'm really gonna purchase it, waiting 2 hours for the 150 mo demo x)
Yeah, sorry about that. The purchased version is on a different server and is downloading at regular speeds. We're working on setting up a mirror for the Demo, so it's speeds should be back to normal soon.
Old 27th August 2013
  #25
Gear interested
 

I retried and it worked well for the demo
Old 27th August 2013
  #26
Gear nut
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chnebierk View Post
I retried and it worked well for the demo
Good! We just switched the demo to a different server so I'm glad to hear it's working properly.
Old 27th August 2013
  #27
Lives for gear
 
Michael E's Avatar
Phew. Just finished the demo chapters.
Some tough (for presets junkie) challenges but overall learning curve is pretty good.
Quote
1
Old 31st August 2013
  #28
Gear interested
 

This is a really great program. Its fun, challenging and ive already become much better identifying sounds. I thought it was pricey but I feel like ive already got my moneys worth and I'm only about 1/4 of the way through the course.
Old 31st August 2013
  #29
Gear interested
 

well not a huge fan of this tutorial, I have found better stuff ( DMP tutorials for instance ), the thing is that you can get the sound so close, it's gonna tell you it's wrong, just because of one knob, and that just brings you useless frustrations, there's not one way to program a sound there are multiple ones and while the concept was nice, there's some limit to this in my opinion...
Old 31st August 2013
  #30
Lives for gear
 

Great to see this is finally out!

I remember seeing it about a year ago (wasn't there already a very small demo?) and looking forward to this.

It does seem a bit pricey but thinking about it, all my synth plugs and vsts probably gain a whole different value for me once I start to get on top of them.

(sorry I sounded like a marketing guy...) But it's true!
Quote
1
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.