Login / Register

iZotope RX 3 is here!
New Reply
Subscribe
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via Skype™ to Sampleconstruct
Bought the upgrade to RX3 Advanced and a I am very happy with that decision, it's a fantastic tool.

patchpool
Exceptional sounds and presets for VIs and FX
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Gear maniac

For big (post) production houses these prices may seem fair, but as a music producer that sometimes needs to optimize audio files i have to say:

Both update & upgrade prices are way too high! About 50% of the full price for a simple update? $499 as a "special deal" upgrade for a returning customer??

To me that means: "We don´t need musicians or music producer as customers"
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Regular RX 3 not the Advanced one. For a $149 update ($100 less than the purchase price from Sweetwater less than 6 months ago) I was hoping to get the dereverberator option included. This is only the same functionality of RX 2 at the speed of Pt11 (I can save 5 sec per track) for a 3/4 of the price paid 6 months ago, new.
REALLY?! I should clean my audio in RX2 then import the files in PT11, this costly update is giving me nothing that I don't already have.
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Double
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Gear addict

I'm quite curious how Dereverb compares to Unveil
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Gear addict

very very disappointed that the de reverb is not included in the standard rx3...
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Software companies with the very best intentions get boxed in over time with respect to pricing. It can be VERY difficult to be "fair" to all purchasers as the market changes (new competing software). I'm not sure it is even possible. As new competition arrives, invariably "packages" are created to give more value to new customers. This sometimes alienates existing customers.

But the bottom line is very simple for every potential purchaser with tools such as these. Either you need them or you don't. Either the upgrade cost pays for itself in terms of allowing you to do more work and therefore produce more revenue or it doesn't.....or their is a better priced competing product.

I think the upgrade from RX2 (not advanced) to RX3 advanced is consistent with the upgrade from RX2 to RX2 advanced.
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Either the upgrade cost pays for itself in terms of allowing you to do more work and therefore produce more revenue or it doesn't.....or their is a better priced competing product.
Exactly, in regards to the regular RX I don't think that the "new" product (RX3) is going to be a life changer compared to the "old" one (RX2) for 3/4 of the original price to upgrade.

Denoise - check
Hum removal - check
Declip - check
Decrackle - Check
Gain-EQ-Channel Ops - Check and check

Plugin - ... for $149? I already got Pro Tools for my plugins... I'll put this purchase on hold for now, I gave them $250 a few months ago.
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Gear Head

I have both Rx3 and Unveil.
First impression with Rx3 dereverb is that Unveil makes a far better job.
At least when dealing with lots of room and serious problems.
Rx3 did a decent job though and if I had to choose I'd go with Rx3 since spectral repair is such a fantastic tool.
If you're a post pro you need both.
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdHawk View Post
I have both Rx3 and Unveil.
First impression with Rx3 dereverb is that Unveil makes a far better job.
At least when dealing with lots of room and serious problems.
Rx3 did a decent job though and if I had to choose I'd go with Rx3 since spectral repair is such a fantastic tool.
If you're a post pro you need both.
good to know. I haver both as of today.
14th September 2013
Old 14th September 2013
Gear addict

I love RX2.. use it all the time... but can't see much to be gained from upgrading to RX3. For $50 or so though I'd have done it just to keep 'up to date'.

The bigger news for me is seeing a version of Radius Pitch & Time included in RX3 Advanced. I'm assuming that means it's 64bit now? Really miss using Radius in Logic so I'm guessing that update is just around the corner.
14th September 2013
Old 14th September 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinmusic View Post
I love RX2.. use it all the time... but can't see much to be gained from upgrading to RX3. For $50 or so though I'd have done it just to keep 'up to date'.
That echo's my feeling (although, I'd be happy to pay a lot more for the upgrade).
If the upgrade cost had been less, I wouldn't even have thought about it. I'm happy to support the guys who did all the development.
This upgrade seems to be targeted at the post production guys and after checking out the thread over there, they seem absolutely giddy with the improvements. More power to 'em.
For me, there's a price point where it's an investment and I have to consider if I can ever expect to see a return on that expense.
14th September 2013
Old 14th September 2013
Gear maniac

I downloaded the demo of RX3 just out of curiosity. I don't do post work, but I wanted to try the declicking function on some vocal tracks that had a lot of mouth noises that resemble vinyl record pops.

Works like a charm! Now my question is whether there exists a less expensive solution for this issue, that works just as well as RX3. Sorry if this is OT. RX3 is fantastic, no doubt, but a little pricey if all I want is the declicker.

Cheers,
Eddie
15th September 2013
Old 15th September 2013
Gear interested

15th September 2013
Old 15th September 2013
Lives for gear

Some Deverb tests with some of my field recordings:

Orchestral backstage noodling:
Unprocessed
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/dreverb-dry?in=sampleconstruct/sets/testing-rx3
Deverbed
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/dreverb-fx?in=sampleconstruct/sets/testing-rx3

Seoul stage workers playing Ping-Pong in a very verby basement:
Unprocessed
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/seoul-ping-pong-dry?in=sampleconstruct/sets/testing-rx3

Deverbed
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/seoul-ping-pong-deverbed?in=sampleconstruct/sets/testing-rx3
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Gear nut

I wanted to buy the RX3 just for the de-reverb and de-noise but the Advance price is absolutely too high for just those two features.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

I have RX2 and love it. Besides some GUI changes and some speed enhancements, have they significantly improved the functionality of the basic functions? If not, then $150 isn't worth it.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I have RX2 and love it. Besides some GUI changes and some speed enhancements, have they significantly improved the functionality of the basic functions? If not, then $150 isn't worth it.
Similar here, not sure this is really a justified purchase for me, maybe at sale time?
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1thedon View Post
Similar here, not sure this is really a justified purchase for me, maybe at sale time?
If you are going to eventually get it then the special intro prices are the way to go. The sale price will be still be more than it is right now for this limited time.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheming View Post
If you are going to eventually get it then the special intro prices are the way to go. The sale price will be still be more than it is right now for this limited time.
Yeh, that's the discussion I've been having with myself ... either a little more feature wise or less upgrade price wise and it would have already been done.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

I can hear an aweful lot of artifacts with the Deverbed versions, especially the Orchestral one, doesn't really sell it to me :/
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksun View Post
I can hear an aweful lot of artifacts with the Deverbed versions, especially the Orchestral one, doesn't really sell it to me :/
Those are just some neutral tests, I'm not trying to sell a feature or anything as I'm a customer, not iZotope. I just randomly picked verby ambiences from my field recording folders and checked how RX3 would handle them. So I'm not euphoric about Deverb, just testing.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

Here's the official "What's new" list...

iZotope RX 3 | WHAT'S NEW

I paid $300 late last year, so $150 = 50% for not that much. Speed improvements are moot for me. Improved functionality is the only justification for me to spend that much, and it doesn't seem that significant.
16th September 2013
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

I just reviewed the What's New section, and most of the new features are not significant relative to my uses, other than Flexible Denoising and Enhanced Declipping. And both of those appear to be minor enhancements at best. I've gotten great results using both of those modules in RX2, so I'm on the fence about this upgrade.

The only possible motivation would be to get on the RX3 bandwagon re future free updates and enhancements.
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Lives for gear

AudioDeluxe.com will do the upgrade from RX2 to RX3 for $125. Hmm...? Tempting.

Go to their site and request a quote for an upgrade for RX2. You'll have to enter your serial#. They will eMail you a link with the discounted price.
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to Jperkinski
I'm happy that RX3 is here, and the DeClicker is especially amazing.

That being said...

One thing that I don't like about RX3 compared to RX2 is that in the standard DeNoiser, the "learn" button is now near the top, and you have to play the section to learn manually with the AudioSuite preview which is way down in the left corner. In RX2, Denoiser in AudioSuite would learn the noise profile that you select in one click..now it's two clicks and buttons are not even close to each other.

I'm also having a problem getting DeClicker and sometimes DeNoiser and Spectral Repair to loop when previewing in AudioSuite Is anybody else having an issue with this or is it a setting somewhere?

Having any and all of the RX3 plugins loop automatically in AudioSuite preview seems like an essential function.

I'm using PT11 on OSX 10.8.4 16GB RAM on Mac Pro 5,1
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to Jperkinski
UPDATE:

After spending more time with RX3 and PT11 on OSX 10.8.4 I noticed that all the RX3 plugins have an issue with the loop in AudioSuite where the first playback plays the entire selection, but the loops start each section a little late.

The exception is that Spectral Repair doesn't seem to loop at all.

I got mixed results when turning off the delay comp within RX3. Sometimes the audio would loop properly with delay comp off but then be moved in time when rendered via AudioSuite.

Playing with other buffer and delay comp settings within RX3 and PT11 didn't fix the loop issue.
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Lives for gear

I heard today that De-reverb will only run as a standalone app? There's no plugin or Audiosuite version of this highly useful tool??? That seems somewhat insane to me. In fact it's a large part of the reason we bought it.
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I heard today that De-reverb will only run as a standalone app? There's no plugin or Audiosuite version of this highly useful tool??? That seems somewhat insane to me. In fact it's a large part of the reason we bought it.

dereverb is definitely available as a plugin
17th September 2013
Old 17th September 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
AudioDeluxe.com will do the upgrade from RX2 to RX3 for $125. Hmm...? Tempting.

Go to their site and request a quote for an upgrade for RX2. You'll have to enter your serial#. They will eMail you a link with the discounted price.
Do you know if they are doing a similar thing for the advanced upgrades?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search