Universal audio - Millennia NSEQ-2 Plug-in for UAD platform & Apollo audio interfaces
Old 12th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Dirk , any chance to have those ported native one day under PA ?
NO..you will have to buy a card bud!
ha ha!!!

( this thing is sooooo good!........)
Old 12th July 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

lol you say it all ....no way ...man when you test freedom hard to get back ..., upadting computer is cheaper and serves all my stuff (plugins and daws) not one brand
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Love this, will have to wait a bit but this has a new home in my toolkit for sure
Great job Brainwork!
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Software

My personal reflections :

Started the demo last night and I love it. Great work !!!

Everything is just silk, solid with great transparency even when boosting the high and low "to much"(depending on the source audio off course)). It almost eliminates the need for a comp. I jumped between the Millennia NSEQ2 and the Massive Passive and they have the same smoothness, but I could boost the low end a little more solid with the NSEQ2 on the drums loops I tried it with. When I put it in bypass the audio sounds nasal and lacks presence and has no solid low end. Adding eg one of the new UAD LA2 plugins after it puts the kick in a sweet spot.

It add subtile coloring and clarity to the sound and makes the sound pop out of the speakers in god way. The MS is awesome and the Twin Topology gives that little extra spark.

Will be my go to, the same way the Shadow Hill comp is today.

---------

All new/remade UAD plugins seems to bring the sound out of the speakers more
than some of the older versions, when tweaked to match the source sound.
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

IMHO it is one of the best SW equilizers I have ever used. In the last week is has become the most essential tool on my busses and also some individual tracks like vocals. IMHO it has the best highs of any eq I have tried and I have basically all of them.

Really unbelievable work by Brainworx. IMHO it surpasses UAD's Massive Passive, at least I find it much more usefull and better sounding as well!
Old 14th July 2013
Den
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
IMHO it is one of the best SW equilizers I have ever used. In the last week is has become the most essential tool on my busses and also some individual tracks like vocals. IMHO it has the best highs of any eq I have tried and I have basically all of them.

Really unbelievable work by Brainworx. IMHO it surpasses UAD's Massive Passive, at least I find it much more usefull and better sounding as well!
Hi
I cannot demo it because I don't have UAD card, so did you tried to replicate this new EQ with EQuilibrium? (what settings could be the closest on EQuilibrium)

Thanks
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, I tried. And as much as I love EQuilibrium, I couldn't achieve the smooth colour and transparency of this one. Millennia simply makes stuff pop out of the speaker with a polish sheen. And its curves are not so easy to replicate IMHO. I tried for half an hour but wasn't able to achieve the sound at all.
Old 14th July 2013
Den
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I tried. And as much as I love EQuilibrium, I couldn't achieve the smooth colour and transparency of this one. Millennia simply makes stuff pop out of the speaker with a polish sheen. And its curves are not so easy to replicate IMHO. I tried for half an gour but wasn't able to achieve the sound at all.
According to your earlier post's I really trust you about the comments on sound. You have very good ear.
Thanks for reply.
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Thank you Den. I appreciate it. And special thanks for all the B2 presets. When I took time and started exploring B2 reverb I found it became by far my favorite algorithmic reverb...but ok, this is for another topic
Old 14th July 2013
Music CrAZy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
It's exclusive to UAD, from the PA website/Facebook page:

Brainworx & MILLENNIA team up for another exclusive release on Universal Audio┬┤s UAD-2 & Apollo systems. NSEQ-2 plugin out now.
Congrats to all parties.
Well, I guess you can't blame them for putting their energy to where money is being made. The UAD platform seems to be financially very attractive. Somehow people are willing to pay a premium for UAD plug-ins. Who would pay $299 for a single EQ plug-in from Waves or Softube? Few I guess. Not so with the UAD platform - interesting.
Old 14th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymusic View Post
Well, I guess you can't blame them for putting their energy to where money is being made. The UAD platform seems to be financially very attractive. Somehow people are willing to pay a premium for UAD plug-ins. Who would pay $299 for a single EQ plug-in from Waves or Softube? Few I guess. Not so with the UAD platform - interesting.
As stated before somewhere, you have to be patient when buying UA plugs. They will throw you a discount coupon and then they'll actually discount the plug and with both in place it will be more like $200. Or you buy a apollo or octo and get over $1000 in plugs for free right now.
L.
Old 15th July 2013
Gear maniac

Really nice job, very useful tool, smooth and precise. M/S is a nice addition. I've never used the HW NSEQ-2 but often used the STT1 for tracking and it feels very similar.
Overall I'm really grateful that UAD has got a business model that seems to be working and I don't find their products overpriced. From an end user standpoint the whole system is hassle free, no weird dongle authorisations, one single file to install everything, solid drivers and a prompt customer support, good quality plug-ins with several options. As a pro whose business depends on reliable tools I'm more than happy to pay a premium for stuff that works. Ok , it doesn't replace hardware but with the current state of affairs it sure gets the job done efficiently. There are probably other SW solutions such as nebula but I've got no time nor desire to deal with wrappers, servers and CPU hogs.
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

I think it's a testament to how good this thing is that I after that initial stumble with it I'm finding almost nothing that this won't do something great to. Hat's off to Dirk and the team at Brainworx, I really feel this is you guys at your very best!
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie View Post
I think it's a testament to how good this thing is that I after that initial stumble with it I'm finding almost nothing that this won't do something great to. Hat's off to Dirk and the team at Brainworx, I really feel this is you guys at your very best!
Agree, and I also think you surpassed UAD's own team as far as EQs are concerned. I have APIs, Massive Passive and Pultec (which represent UAD's latest EQ developments, but I think Millennia is by far the best EQ on the UAD platform currently.
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agree, and I also think you surpassed UAD's own team as far as EQs are concerned. I have APIs, Massive Passive and Pultec (which represent UAD's latest EQ developments, but I think Millennia is by far the best EQ on the UAD platform currently.
Man, TBH I'm extremely happy with all of the above. It really is STUPID how far plugs have come. If someone told me 5 years ago that that I would sell all my hardware, be completely happy without any console and completely ITB I would have asked him/her what the hell they were smoking
Old 15th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
If someone told me 5 years ago that that I would sell all my hardware, be completely happy without any console and completely ITB I would have asked him/her what the hell they were smoking
That was me.
Now the difference between us
is that 5 years ago I still got good prices for all my outboard
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

Everyday I keep trying to find a reason to not love this. Like others, I wasn't that thrilled with fact it wasn't modeled by UAD. But I have to say, I'm still impressed.

The NSEQ-2 was always a piece of hardware I wanted to try. I'm digging this plugin... more thrilled with this than anything else released lately.

Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

What do you like or dislike about it?
Personally, I couldn't find anything special about the Millennia NSEQ-2 what I couldn't achieve with the Massive Passive I already own..
Old 17th July 2013
Gear interested

After playing around with it for a couple days, it's like a poor man's massive passive (in the uad realm). uad Massive passive is better, but nseq does similar...but......different for lack of a better word. It's like a uad mp se version.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by erol View Post
Personally, I couldn't find anything special about the Millennia NSEQ-2 what I couldn't achieve with the Massive Passive I already own..
To me the MP has always been about the mid bands. Nothing else in my experience does mid boost quite like it (although the mastering version lives on my mixbus for the HPF alone). This guy, for me at least, is all about the top end. There's an effortlessness to it I really enjoy. I haven't been able to match it with other things in my disposal including the MP, the UBK Clarity Control, New UAD Pultec, DMG and Portico. It's a very particular sound to the Tube part of the plug, airy but never harsh (unless u get stupid with it)
It's one of the few things I know of that can be used pretty much on any source. The thing to remember is that this guy does subtle really well, drastic is not what its about. I think they complement each other rather well
Old 18th July 2013

Leo how do you find it (the highs) versus the RS56 or the Maag ?
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Leo how do you find it (the highs) versus the RS56 or the Maag ?
I'm going to see if I can post some comparisons later. Little slammed at the moment
Old 18th July 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by erol View Post

Since the highs have been talked about, the LOw End on this thing is GREAT. I've been trying to beat it out using UAD Massive passive and the highs and that nasty low shelf beats up the Uad massive,(tube transparency?) And that low shelf is so fat and tight and can handle a nice boost and still sound great. I wanted the new Pultec's to beat it out and they came closer in the low department but got spanked in the high end. I'm a UAD lover buttttttttttt? can some one loan me $300.00?
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyman797 View Post
Since the highs have been talked about, the LOw End on this thing is GREAT. I've been trying to beat it out using UAD Massive passive and the highs and that nasty low shelf beats up the Uad massive,(tube transparency?) And that low shelf is so fat and tight and can handle a nice boost and still sound great. I wanted the new Pultec's to beat it out and they came closer in the low department but got spanked in the high end. I'm a UAD lover buttttttttttt? can some one loan me $300.00?
I absolutey agree. The low end on this is wonderful as well. Right now I'm kinda loosing it a lttle because it sounds great on anything and I went a little crazy with it. Sadly I've only got six days left on the demo and won't get any non bill related money to play with until next month so unhappiness is right around the corner
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!! There's a storm coming down on us and the power JUST went out. Its robbing me of playtime dammit!
Old 18th July 2013

Quote:
I'm going to see if I can post some comparisons later. Little slammed at the moment
no need for files just a quik thought about it
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, okay... I'd like files. Since I don't have UAD cards (I have some great Powercore cards though! ), and I'm hearing "can't be duplicated" when it's used as a mastering EQ... "the mix sounds nasally when it's turned off", etc. Throw up a dry mix and then a "NSEQ as the only difference" mix, in a high quality format... and let everyone have a go at finding out how great this EQ is, and what it can do, compared to others. That should be very easy for someone to do. And a lot of us would get to hear for ourselves who otherwise wouldn't.

Of course there's definitely no way to know for sure that the "dry" mix hasn't been corrupted in some way... without some other users verifying it. But I'll trust we have some honest engineers here willing to help out.

Many thanks to anyone willing to do this for us (me ). I really would like to hear how great this thing is!

Or, you all can just carry on with talking about how great it is.

Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
no need for files just a quik thought about it
Compared to those 2 I'd say that it's has a little more depth. There's more of a sense of front to back. Its not a giant difference mind u but it is easily heard. The top end has this way of being airy without being harsh that I think sounds quite beautiful. Hope this helps
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
...more depth ...more of a sense of front to back ...easily heard ...top end...airy without being harsh...sounds quite beautiful. Hope this helps.
Some HiRez before and after would help, too!!!
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

@javahut, I'm currently internetless. I'm communicating through my phone and hating every second of it. As soon as the cable company gets their act together I'll post some stuff
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search