solveforq
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear nut

IK Multimedia: Tape Echo

19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Lives for gear

Looks cool. Just got into fXpansion Bloom, and now this...
solveforq
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear nut

I wonder how it compares to the UAD and Line6 versions of this classic. Ever since I ditched Podfarm I've missed having an Echoplex simulation.
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Lives for gear

I'm curious how it sounds against STN's Plex... Need to find some time to A/B...
20th April 2013
Old 20th April 2013
Lives for gear

it sounds sick, much more tapeish than soundtoys echoplex
20th April 2013
Old 20th April 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds good.
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
www.KevWestBeats.com

Send a message via AIM to KevWest Send a message via MSN to KevWest Send a message via Skype™ to KevWest
This plug in sounds great
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Am I the only one who hates IK's website? I mean where do you have to go to find the freakin' price of the plug?
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by csiking View Post
Am I the only one who hates IK's website? I mean where do you have to go to find the freakin' price of the plug?
+1. I couldn't find the prices either. Custom shop?
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Website is just about iPad / iPhone stuff.
Terrible !

G
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Terrible !

G
I agree with this. They need to chillax a little on the iOS stuff

Especially since they're so capable of producing quality professional products.

-SD

...My 57 is only a few years old, but I'd like to think that someday my children can pass it down to their children.
Killahurts

...I would much rather tweak a moog than that thing bro...
MYAMS
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacCartney View Post
+1. I couldn't find the prices either. Custom shop?
Quote:
Terrible !
G
I too noticed the exact same thing. They need a more friendly website. Struggling to find information = a design flaw. A properly designed website has easy to find information.

So, what is the price of the Tape Echo plug?

mixing
solveforq
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear nut

"I agree with this. They need to chillax a little on the iOS stuff
Especially since they're so capable of producing quality professional products."
-Sonic Default

The Apple website is the same damn way. Even though they can make professional products.

Whatever pays the bills. I'm all for these companies staying in business as long as possible so they can continue to support my software purchases without resorting to a wup type of system.

Edit: OOPS! Quoted wrong post!

Last edited by solveforq; 22nd April 2013 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: responded to wrong post!
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks for the input about the site. The pricing is indeed in Custom Shop, but the Tape Echo is 60 credits (so you don't have to go look). Thanks.

Community Manager - IK Multimedia
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Thanks for the input about the site. The pricing is indeed in Custom Shop, but the Tape Echo is 60 credits (so you don't have to go look). Thanks.
And how much is 60 credits ?

Because it's not an actual currency .

I think you should put the price in red in credits value, and between parentheses you should put the price in dollar and euros.
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Terrible !

G
Couldn't agree more... even now, with the release of a new Buss compressor and the tape echo, the IK multimedia splash screen is a long movie about iEVERYTHING (by the way the "acting" is also painful to listen to - reading much?)

But as to price - IK uses CREDITS in their Custom Shop and I believe those vary in value depending on how many you buy at a time... so the 60 credits could be $59.97 at the worst and maybe $29.99 if you, for some reason, bought the 1,000 credit pack. Sorry if my math isn't exact.
"You only have a certain amount of headroom with Pro Tools... if you start pushing it a little bit too hard it's starts squawking like a chicken, if you go too low, it starts squawkin', you have to work within a certain realm otherwise you get zapped either way!" - Tad Donley (2006)
-
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
I gave up searching for a price after clicking I don't know how many link and going around in circles a few times. it really is the kind of thing you want to have easily accessible. Also, anyone that doesn't own custom shop will possibly give up altogether, so you may be losing costumers.

Also, while were at it, any chance of changing the bursts of white noise demos to something more civilised and respectful, like periodic output mute?
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
And how much is 60 credits ?

Because it's not an actual currency .

I think you should put the price in red in credits value, and between parentheses you should put the price in dollar and euros.
Depends how many credits you get (and you can even use your JamPoints toward them) so it is impossible to do exactly what you ask. The shop has the credit pack pricing clearly, and you can get it there (and even in the appropriate currency! See, we're not trying to hide/hinder you at every step after all): IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
I gave up searching for a price after clicking I don't know how many link and going around in circles a few times. it really is the kind of thing you want to have easily accessible. Also, anyone that doesn't own custom shop will possibly give up altogether, so you may be losing costumers.
I understand your concern, but Custom Shop is included with AmpliTube Free and the majority of people who want to buy gear will likely try it and at that time they will have all the information they need with what they've installed in order to make an educated and quick decision. I do understand that not everybody knows that our pricing is economical, though, (actually most times undervalued for the work that goes into the plugins) so it may allay some fears where someone doesn't equate IK with VERY good plugin pricing.
Quote:
Also, while were at it, any chance of changing the bursts of white noise demos to something more civilised and respectful, like periodic output mute?
Your trial shouldn't have any noise bursts if using the Try function of Custom Shop.
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear nut

To Peter .
Kinda of topic but do you plan on doing some vintage neve style plugin? I'm personnally more into That but what I've tried for t-racks so far is pretty amazing. Make a 1084 in the quality of the white Channel and I'm in .
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2630 View Post
To Peter .
Kinda of topic but do you plan on doing some vintage neve style plugin? I'm personnally more into That but what I've tried for t-racks so far is pretty amazing. Make a 1084 in the quality of the white Channel and I'm in .
+1 to what he said, some 1073, 1084 and 2254 would be amazing !
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Hey even I'm on board for that! My +1 as well. Oh wait... I have to send the +1s over to the right people.... Be back soon
solveforq
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear nut

Hey Peter! Is there a difference between the algo in this guy and the stomp box version of the Echoplex in the Hendrix collection?
solveforq
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Gear nut

*cough*33609*cough*
22nd April 2013
Old 22nd April 2013
Lives for gear

Looks good but I'm saving for U-He's Silk that also has tape delay as one option.
23rd April 2013
Old 23rd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by solveforq View Post
Hey Peter! Is there a difference between the algo in this guy and the stomp box version of the Echoplex in the Hendrix collection?
I know that this is stereo, and has the four "screws" to adjust those parameters so there are definitely those key differences.
23rd April 2013
Old 23rd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
Looks good but I'm saving for U-He's Silk that also has tape delay as one option.
I'd hope you'll try both and see... we're very proud of this, and it seems to be something people are fond of. If you have JamPoints you can even get it for quite a good deal (and who can say they have TOO MANY tape delays?? )
23rd April 2013
Old 23rd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not "Silk", but SATIN !
23rd April 2013
Old 23rd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
It's not "Silk", but SATIN !
Sorry, my bad. Yes, I should try IK as well, not that fond of that new complex way of purchasing mastering plug-ins, rather have standalone units but I should at least try.
23rd April 2013
Old 23rd April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry, my bad. Yes, I should try IK as well, not that fond of that new complex way of purchasing mastering plug-ins, rather have standalone units but I should at least try.
Yep, you should try it. It's a really nice echo.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search