New Reply
Subscribe
AcousticsampleS
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Gear nut

SamplesLoops Acousticsamples releases the GD-6 Acoustic Guitar

The library.
The GD-6 Acoustic Guitar is based on a Guild D-40 custom edition electro-acoustic guitar.
It has been recorded it with a pair of microphones and using the build in pickup.
Acousticsamples sampled it very deeply, all frets of all strings with upstrokes, downstrokes, round robins, releases, staccatos, mutes, palm mutes, hand blocks, slides, hammer ons, pull offs, retriggers, fretnoises, percussions other articulations. All of these details allow to reproduce the real playing of a guitar player, and easily.

Strum engine.
Each fret of each string has been sampled and it uses a chord recognition engine to convert your chords into standard guitar chords. You can also choose from a large selection of chord voicings for each chord.
As a keyboard is not suited to play the guitar, thetriggersare separated from the note selection, and they canlaunch strum up, strum down, strum for mutes, and then the six separate strings. This makes it very easy to trigger the previously recognized chord in different ways.

Realistic patterns.
The GD-6 Acoustic Guitar features a set of strumming and picking patterns that you can loop, adapt to the tempo or the metrics, change the velocity in real time using a controller, synch to your host, add groove to.
You can choose from a large selection of patterns and assign them to each trigger to create a full song in a few clicks.

Song Builder.
The song builder panel is the feature that will let you compose songs extremely quickly. Sometimes playing a series of chords can be complicated, especially if you are not an advanced keyboardist. The song builder allows you to decide which chord will be triggered when selecting only one note.

http://soundcloud.com/acousticsamples/sets/gd-6-acoustic-guitar

It is available on the Acousticsamples website for 149$, for more info, audio demos and videos, just visit the product page.
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear Head

Hello,

I was wondering if it is able to play "open" chords with E and B strings always ringing open. Like Aadd9 on 5th position, Badd11 on 7th position or the typical RUSH Alex Lifeson Fsharp7add11 on second fret. Or maybe Andy Summers' Gmin7add4 of Roxanne and so on...

Thanks
AcousticsampleS
19th April 2013
Old 19th April 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyM View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if it is able to play "open" chords with E and B strings always ringing open. Like Aadd9 on 5th position, Badd11 on 7th position or the typical RUSH Alex Lifeson Fsharp7add11 on second fret. Or maybe Andy Summers' Gmin7add4 of Roxanne and so on...

Thanks
For each chord, a lot of chord positions are available through a chord menu. I will have to check if these one are in it. If you get the library and find out the chords are not in the list, just send us the list of chords that are not available, we will gladly add them and create a new version
21st August 2013
Old 21st August 2013
Gear interested

So, who here has used this? Any reviews? I can't seem to find more than one or two experiences with this on the net. I am really interested in buying it. Anyone have any alternatives that are amazing to use?
13th September 2013
Old 13th September 2013
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthstrumental View Post
So, who here has used this? Any reviews? I can't seem to find more than one or two experiences with this on the net. I am really interested in buying it. Anyone have any alternatives that are amazing to use?
The instrument is brilliant, like all of their instruments included with MachFive 3 (J Bass, Telematic, Percussive, The Upright). Seems like every standard acoustic guitar technique is sampled and scripted impeccably.

The ONLY beef I have with the GD-6 is that there isn't the same level of attention paid to the harmonics scripting as there is with the rest of the instrument - particularly the fact that there are no string noises or fingering scripting. It just plays all the harmonics you want seemingly effortlessly and doesn't sound as human as a result. But honestly, with the infinite options for harmonics fingerings on a guitar, it would probably take a lot of work to accommodate this and few people would probably use it - so this really is a minor issue.

Get the thing - it's absolutely worth it. Spookily realistic.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search