New Reply
Subscribe
CarLofgren
18th April 2013
Old 18th April 2013
Old-school sampler addict

SamplesLoops VZone - Casio VZ-inspired instrument for Kontakt

Hi fellow soundslutz!

For the last six months I've been working on a new instrument for Kontakt which tries to capture the best parts of the old Casio VZ synthesizer (six months as in working on and off).

The VZ is without a doubt one of my favourite synthesizers, but there is few things I hate more than to work with it. Wonky menues and even wonkier SysEx-implementation. So what I did was to spend a month recording a bunch of great sounds and then wrap it up in a nice Kontakt interface.

It's basically a ROMpler with 24 built-in sounds - bells, basses, strings, guitars, organs, leads, etc.

The cool thing about VZone (if I may say so myself) is that there are three oscillator sections where you can quickly create layers of your favourite sounds.

Plucked bell with mellow strings under? Check.
Cheesy brass playing triads? Check.

And - each section has its own level, pan, filter and envelopes, so although it's a ROMpler you can actually dial up quite a few nice sounds yourself.

Anyway, enough of shameless promotion. I'm damn happy to have this baby out the door. And I'm even more happy to have a bunch of core VZ sounds conveniently wrapped up in a Kontakt Interface.

Price: 19.90 euros.
Link: VZone - Vintage Digital - Fingerpushers

I like samplers: E-mu Emax, Casio FZ-20m, Akai S1100, Akai S950, Ensoniq EPS rack (with CF card), E-mu E4XT Ultra, Akai MPC 2500, Ensoniq ASR-10, Elektron Octatrack, Roland S-770, Korg DSM-1, Kurzweil K2000RS, Sampling cartridges for Atari (both 16 and 8 bit). I love sounds. Check out my sounds!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search