Ksp Ableton 9 Max for live Impulse collection
New Reply
Subscribe
Ksp
24th March 2013
Old 24th March 2013
Gear addict

Ksp Ableton 9 Max for live Impulse collection

Hi folks , just a quick announcment of a new collection of impulses which will drop in Ableton 9's new max for live convolution plugin and also load into the convolution pro plugin ( showing up in the menus )

The collection contains just under 600 reverb and special fx impulses taken from Eventide H8000 / H3000 / Midi and quadraverb , a load of plates and springs , dsp programs and some realworld stuff.

Demos and available on the link below for an insane cheap price now.

Kineticsoundprism esoteric impulses and synth patches

Ps

we also do these for all other convolution reverb plugins that support wav impulses.
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

cheers, they are very useful, nice product. now time to buy the Chroma library 8-)
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

My Studio

Wow, it's a bargain and a great product. Congrats.
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Lives for gear

Got It!
DSK
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

This is an "insane cheap price" if I ever saw one!

I was pondering your convolution samples before but really couldn't justify getting just some of them.

Now with this bundling + with Ableton 9 compatibility it would be just not to!

Outstanding work!

A big thanks for doing this and sharing with the world!
Ksp
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear addict

[QUOTE=DSK;8880202]This is an "insane cheap price" if I ever saw one!

Thanks for all the interest guys and there should be some free updates soon with a few other unique hardware reverbs and oddities....
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear addict

Bought.

These are really quality. I own a couple of your other IR collections (Kyma, H8000), and was wondering about the rest. Nice to get a piece of the others to play with as well.

Even though there's a lot of excellent stuff for sound design or those inclined toward more imaginitive & trippy music, there's also quite a bit of more practical, bread & butter sounds in here. The springs & plates are great, as are the quadraverb impulses. All in all, a steal of a bargain for the price!

Thanks again. I'm super inspired by these, and I hope you continue making more IR's and Sample Sets (that Chroma Library looks incredible ), as well as all that incredible music you make-- Keep up the great work!
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

i there any difference between the max4Live version and the virtual world impulse collection?

edit: is it just that the live version comes in .alp so the installer is different? i assume there is still access to the IRs for use in other verbs?
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
Gear addict

@ignatius,

The download comes as a .rar, no installer. Inside the rar are folders with the various categories of IR. Inside each folder are wavs with a corresponding .asd file too. So yeah, they work fine in any convolution plug that loads wavs.
25th March 2013
Old 25th March 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

cool. thanks for the info
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Gear Head

just bought it too! It's a very nice pack you're releasing, and at an amazing price! It's been a while since i tell myself that i need to buy some IRs from you, and you made it happen today!
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

I am stuck and maybe you can help me.
I just bought and downloaded The Live 9 Convolution Reverb IR pack, but I don't quite understand where I am supposed to put the folders! Do I have to put every single IR in the reverb everytime? Confoosed...
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
I am stuck and maybe you can help me.
I just bought and downloaded The Live 9 Convolution Reverb IR pack, but I don't quite understand where I am supposed to put the folders! Do I have to put every single IR in the reverb everytime? Confoosed...
Dude it's a drag and drop from browser. One click away. And yes you have to put it every time. You save it within project and it is recalled. Every other convolution reverb work in the very same way (given that you are using 3rd party IRs). You have to load IR somehow...
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Ok now I'm there. I never used 3rd party IRs.
Thank you very much for the tip!
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Bought!
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Dude it's a drag and drop from browser. One click away. And yes you have to put it every time. You save it within project and it is recalled. Every other convolution reverb work in the very same way (given that you are using 3rd party IRs). You have to load IR somehow...
Ok I found a neat way to solve the problem:
In Live 9 you have the new Browser (Places) where you can add Folders as shortcuts for your most used directories.
I added the Convolution IRs folder and now it shows up in a very straight forward way, as a part of the system. Cool.

By the way, were you able to make it work? Convolution Reverb seems to reject the IRs. I drag it into the Waveform position and the green + appears, but then nothing happens. Anyone? (Live 9.0.2)

Last edited by sigmatibet; 26th March 2013 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: update
26th March 2013
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

You don't have to do it this way. Just copy all the folders inside (named 12 Alesis Quadraverb, 13 Eventide H3000 Space, etc etc) and paste them into:

Macintosh HD/Music/Ableton/Factory Packs/Max For Live Essentials (which you open by Right-click & Show Package Contents)/Max Audio Effect/Convolution Reverb/IRs
27th March 2013
Old 27th March 2013
Enjoys Food too.

Are any of those outdoor impulses real, or are they all synthetic?
27th March 2013
Old 27th March 2013
Lives for gear

great stuff for an insanely good price. I am loving it!!

(the download includes a full instructions and detailed Reverb list txt - which I didn't read because I lost the txt file. My fault)
27th March 2013
Old 27th March 2013
Gear addict

Just spent the last hour playing around with this collection and it's fantastic! Total no-brainer for the price. Excellent work!
27th March 2013
Old 27th March 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmasepsilon View Post
You don't have to do it this way. Just copy all the folders inside (named 12 Alesis Quadraverb, 13 Eventide H3000 Space, etc etc) and paste them into:

Macintosh HD/Music/Ableton/Factory Packs/Max For Live Essentials (which you open by Right-click & Show Package Contents)/Max Audio Effect/Convolution Reverb/IRs
Hmmm, I did exactly this, but it's not showing up yet. Looking forward to trying these out!
28th March 2013
Old 28th March 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Orff View Post
Hmmm, I did exactly this, but it's not showing up yet. Looking forward to trying these out!
Just to answer my own question: and thanks to a very swift response from Sound Prism it seems that the presets are visible in Convolution Reverb Pro from within the plug-in itself. And actually this is fine, really easy to use. To use in the standard Convolution Reverb you have to drag and drop. In any case this has prompted me to organise all my IRs, so I can now easily drag and drop them from the finder; I seem to have over 4000 now. Phew!

Oh, they sound excellent, by the way. And according to the email, they're working on converting them to Ableton Menu Presets.
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Same problem here. I'm on a Mac, using Ableton 9. I'm pretty sure it's all going into the right folder...I can see Ableton folders 1-11 in there, and then I drop these news folder 12-xx. So, I can't imagine why they're not showing up.

Any thoughts, anyone?
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just to answer my own question: and thanks to a very swift response from Sound Prism it seems that the presets are visible in Convolution Reverb Pro from within the plug-in itself. And actually this is fine, really easy to use. To use in the standard Convolution Reverb you have to drag and drop. In any case this has prompted me to organise all my IRs, so I can now easily drag and drop them from the finder; I seem to have over 4000 now. Phew!

Oh, they sound excellent, by the way. And according to the email, they're working on converting them to Ableton Menu Presets.
Jack, can you elaborate? On the one hand you say "...are visible in CRP from within the plug-in itself." On the other hand you say, "...are working on converting them to Ableton Menu Presets."

On my CR Pro, I don't see them showing up in the menus. I'm 99% sure I have them in the right folder on my Mac. Any idea as to why they're not showing up in CR Pro?

Thanks...
30th March 2013
Old 30th March 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post
Jack, can you elaborate? On the one hand you say "...are visible in CRP from within the plug-in itself." On the other hand you say, "...are working on converting them to Ableton Menu Presets."

On my CR Pro, I don't see them showing up in the menus. I'm 99% sure I have them in the right folder on my Mac. Any idea as to why they're not showing up in CR Pro?

Thanks...
Sure, well - I've only been using Live since V9 so I'm no expert. I think what they mean by Menu Presets is that they will eventually appear in the Browser. But they don't at the moment.

But, on my system, once I've placed the folders in

User>Music>Ableton>Factory Packs>Max For Live Essentials>Max Audio Effect>Convolution Reverb>IRs

then when you open an instance of CR Pro all the presets are available from the drop-down menus in the bottom left of the actual CR Pro window.
Ksp
2nd April 2013
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear addict

regards the situation with them showing on Convolution pros internal menus it seems ableton 9 may have a bug as some people are reporting abletons own max for live preset impulses not showing in these menus.

We currently have both mac and pc systems showing ours but we do have a couple of people with macs unable to see them .They will drag and drop but the idea with these is to have them as new menus and easily browseable and we will try and get this working on 100% machines but the bug could be causing it abletons end.

I will mail when i know more.

Directories we have for install are

Pc

My Documents\Your user name \Ableton\Factory Packs\Max for Live Essentials-1\Max Audio Effect\Convolution Reverb\IRs

in windows xp

mac

Installation path is /Users/ 'Your user name !' /Music/Ableton/Factory Packs/Max for Live Essentials/Max Audio Effect/Convolution Reverb
6th May 2013
Old 6th May 2013
Gear Head

Just bought this pack, very excited to work with these IRs. Should I expect an e-mail with the download link or was I supposed to get a re-direct after completing the PayPal stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind, got a download e-mail later in the evening. Awesome pack!

http://soundcloud.com/white-tuxedo
DSK
15th June 2013
Old 15th June 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

Bump!

This needs way more views!

Highly recommended for IR fans.
11th September 2013
Old 11th September 2013
Gear maniac

Send a message via MSN to SonOfSteven
Fantastic !
21st November 2013
Old 21st November 2013
Gear interested

Send a message via AIM to Geekisthenewcool Send a message via Skype™ to Geekisthenewcool
I just purchased this, but I have only received an email from PayPal. What's the turnaround time on getting a download link?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search