eaReckon - EARebound (multi-delay plug-in)
Old 22nd March 2013
News Desk Editor

Software eaReckon - EARebound (multi-delay plug-in)

EARebound is a full-featured multi-delay plug-in which has been designed to meet a specific need : to quickly create rhythm lines from percussive sounds recorded in various environments (natural, urban, industrial, …).

Recording these sounds, processing them through (carefully selected) effects in order to obtain multiple versions of them, loading and mapping them in a sampler, placing them in space, … takes a considerable amount of time and can be an obstacle to spontaneous creativity. In addition, even if we are satisfied with the results after hours of hard work, this rhythmic grail cannot be easily modified, as we would like, during live situations.

A first prototype of this thing was then born in 2011, offering 16 steps (the input + 15 delay lines) being processed by a dedicated set of shaping and positioning tools. The workflow was already similar to the one provided by a good old drum machine and it was enough to create rhythm lines from any kind of recorded sounds within a couple of minutes… lots of fun and saved time!

Great… but considering that not everyone shares my pathological obsession for environmental percussive sounds, it would have been a shame to keep EARebound as-is because it obviously has the potential to evolve into a more universal, easy to use and definitely ultra-creative product…

Apart from any situation where a solid delay unit is needed, EARebound is now particularly useful when it comes to create rhythm from any material or instantly enhance an existing audio loop.

EAREBOUND FEATURES
  • 16 synchronisable delay lines (including a global one).
  • 7 types of saturation, Quad chorus/tremolo, High & Low cut filters, 2D positioning tool, … per line! ?(each delay line and the source signal itself can be processed by its own set of effects)
  • 3 pairs of stereo outputs (Main, Aux, LFE).
  • “Split LF” module to manage low frequencies the easy way (can be used in both Multi-Channel and Stereo modes).
  • Preset manager including a selection of ready-to-use factory presets.
  • Powerful and configurable “Random” feature.
  • Comprehensive and fast workflow (three different views).

EARebound is available to purchase for the introductory price of 69 EUR until April 17th, 2013 (regular 99 EUR).

Link : EARebound - VST AU Delay Plugin

Old 22nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Wooooow, just watched the video presentation and looks like a lot of work has been put on building this delay filled with lots of goodies and options. Congrats Philippe, looking forward to try this one out +1
Old 23rd March 2013
Gear nut

Many thanks MY!

Quote:
a lot of work has been put on building this delay filled with lots of goodies and options
Actually, I have been working on it since 2011 (but the idea of this plug-in is older than this) :-)
Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFozz View Post
Many thanks MY!

Actually, I have been working on it since 2011 (but the idea of this plug-in is older than this) :-)

You're most welcome l'ami and I thought so that you must have had these ideas way back toasting in your mind

Soon i'll have some free time and I can not wait to give it a try
Old 26th March 2013
Gear addict

This is an awesome delay. Way more impressed than with other of the newer delays I heard (PSP Echo etc.).
The features are superb and the ease of use perfect to me. Also love the different saturation/distortion modes.
Old 27th March 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

Great plugin!

I love as well the abillity to saturate differently.

The separate delay lines is a very very good approach to creative delay use.

I wish you the best with this plugin.

It's a winner!
Old 27th March 2013
Gear nut

Thank you so much!
I must admit I have a lot of fun with EARebound myself ;-)
Glad you like it!
Old 27th March 2013
Gear nut

Hi,

Thanks for asking!
The demo limitations are:

- Short volume fades are expected every minutes (no white noise, etc. - the plug-in smoothly fades out/in).

- “LF Gain” knob is disabled.

Best,
Philippe
Old 27th March 2013
Gear maniac

checked the demo today and i really like it...the mix-matrix is great!

I also recommend everyone to check out that analog87 series eq, it has such a nice, tight low end and an overall lovely sound, full of character!
Old 28th March 2013
Lives for gear

I absolutely love this thing.

The Free Stuff (EQ & Comp, especially) sound great too
Old 28th March 2013
Gear nut

...and the channel strip is fantastic, too!
Old 29th March 2013
Gear nut

Thanks again for the kind words

EARebound 1.0.1 is now available.
This new build includes the following changes:

.Improved automation capabilities:
- Automation of some controls did not work as expected in Digital Performer 8 and Logic 9. Only the AU version seemed to be affected by this issue.
- Overall improvement of automation in 'Latch' and 'Touch' modes.

.Fixed possible error when bypassing EARebound in WaveLab 7.

All the best,
P.
Old 29th March 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks, P. looking forward to it. And yes, CS-87 was def. good enough for me pick up as well. Great work.
Earebound is subtlety finding its way into all rhythmic aspects of my productions. It sits much differently in my mixes than any other of my delays-of which I have quite a few.
Upon demoing, I found that this really is almost an instrument rather than effect. Also, to pinpoint some repeats that I didn't want, it was as easy as deselecting a step in the sequencer.
Love it -
Old 30th March 2013
Gear nut

Many thanks for your feedback!
Your description of EARebound explains well what the plug-in is about
I'm sincerely happy to know that it is useful in the context of your projects.
Old 1st April 2013
Gear maniac

Very intuitive plug-in, nice work!
Old 1st April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
checked the demo today and i really like it...the mix-matrix is great!

I also recommend everyone to check out that analog87 series eq, it has such a nice, tight low end and an overall lovely sound, full of character!
Loving the whole analog87 series, and the verb is just wonderful too. Looking forward to getting the new plugin asap.
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear nut

Many thanks nasp and Zyzygis!
Your posts made my day!
Old 2nd April 2013
Lives for gear

After a little more time with both CS and EaRebound, EaReckon is becoming one of my top gotos. Two things about EaRebound that are crucial to my enjoyment of use are the Random button and that the Global Mix slider doesn't need to be locked-it just stays.
I wouldn't think to grab EaRebound for vocals first thing but that delay just sits in the right place and I actually preferred it to a few others I normally reach for. Thanks again
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear nut

Many thanks, BodyByStarbucks!

I would be very interested by listening to EARebound applied to vocals in various contexts.
Should you upload a song featuring EARebound one day, please tell me so I can listen to it
Old 3rd April 2013
Lives for gear

I will. Not this client but at some point.

Presently, I'm writing TV cues and honestly EARebound and CS are on almost every track. Every other delay I use I have tried similar applications with but things get overly crowded rather quickly. And having a straightforward clean sounding CS with great sounding filters, EQ, and Comp is gold over here.
I am curious but not complaining: why did you decide to have the Lo Cut filter start at 40 Hz (rather than say 20 Hz) and the top freq. of the Hi EQ end at 16 KHz rather than 20 KHz?

If you are seeking suggestions for new ideas: a good doubler and a good chopper gate have been thorns for me trying to achieve these effects. I do have different things I use but a 'quick and dirty' solution always seems to win out in my line of work.

Thanks as you've made working very enjoyable again -
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear nut

Thanks! Looking forward to listening to your music.

Regarding filters, the min frequency of the low cut filter has been set to 40Hz because I did not need it to be lower (all my things are originally built for my own use).
I did some tests later though, in order to know how possible it was to "push" it but results were not relevant enough, so I kept it as is.

The 16kHz limit of the HF band is due to a similar story. I probably never had to boost something with the freq set to more than 16k and I usually use the "high cut" filter when I want to cut "very high" frequencies. However, I'm curious enough to work further on it (will do some tests in the future ^^).

I'm very interested in working on a creative gate effect (but I have one or two new things to work on before).
A doubler is also an interesting project but some nice plug-ins seem to already exist. Should I work on such a thing, I will contact you to know more about what you need ;-)

Thanks again!
Old 10th May 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15fliptop View Post
...and the channel strip is fantastic, too!
I was just googling around looking for a channel strip and gave this a whirl. I think it sounds great. Really. Guess I'd better give the delay a go, too.
Old 12th May 2013
Gear nut

Many thanks for your message!
Glad you like CS-STRIP87

All the best,
Philippe
Old 13th May 2013
Gear addict

has anyone compared this channel strip to say waves or duende or the newer ik ones? how does it hold up?
Old 13th May 2013
Gear maniac

very cool!
Old 14th May 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
has anyone compared this channel strip to say waves or duende or the newer ik ones? how does it hold up?
Here is what Future Music said about it (Review - Issue 258)

"The ANALOG87 plug-ins could hold their own against similar plug-ins at any price, and are simply without equal at this end of the market.[...] Cheap and very, very cheerful, ANALOG87 would still be a bargain at twice the price."
Old 17th May 2013
Gear nut

EARebound has been updated to v1.0.2.

This update includes the following new features:

- Solo Mode
Each line (except the "Global Delay") can be soloed for very specific tone shaping.

- More divisions
32th and 64th (+ triplet / dotted) divisions have been added to Modulation and Delay Time Division menus.
32th and 64th sequences are also available from the "Delay Time" menu ("Time Line" view).

- Global Edit modes ("Mix View" only)
By activating one of the two provided "Global Edit" modes, you can now change a same parameter across all delay lines (input and global delay settings are excluded from the global edit process).

- Updated manuals

More information and demo version available at www.eareckon.com
Registered users can download this update from their user account.
Old 17th May 2013
Lives for gear

Mm nice update! Thank you Philippe!
Old 18th May 2013
Gear nut

You are welcome, Zyzygis!
Old 5th June 2013
Gear nut

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search