Subscribe
Brian @ IK
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear maniac

Software AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection for Mac/PC Now Available

AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Collection for Mac/PC Now Available
All gear also available individually in the Custom Shop

AmpliTube® Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection is an expanded and updated version of its renowned AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ software for Mac and PC, featuring new officially licensed, ultra-accurate models of genuine Hendrix gear.

There are 4 amps, 7 cabinets, 5 microphones, 10 stomp and 4 rack effects, with 3 new amp models and a classic tape echo, that's a grand total of 34 pieces of must-have vintage guitar and bass equipment, all of which have helped define the history of rock and modern music.

Named to commemorate the recent 70th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix's birthday, the new collection can be used a DAW plug-in or a standalone application featuring a built-in 4-track recorder and speedtrainer. In addition to being released in the collection, all the Hendrix models are now available for à la carte purchase from the Custom Shop.

Newly Added Gear

• SilverTwelve - model is based on the Silvertone® Twin Twelve 1484
  • JH Gold - model based on a Marshall® JTM 45
  • JH 1200 - model based on the Sunn® 1200
  • EP Tape Echo - model based on the Maestro® Echoplex

AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Collection Feature List
  • 5 separate modules:tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, Cabinet + Mic, and Rack Effects
  • 2 fully configurable rigs
  • Digital tuner
  • Stand-alone version and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
  • Includes a 4-Track recorder with speed control for playing along with your favorite recordings
  • Seamless integration with all other "Powered by AmpliTube" products
  • "One Click" MIDI assignment integration with StealthPedal, StealthBoard and StompIO interefaces/controllers
  • Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies for award-winning sound & realistic feel
  • Mac OS X (including Lion) and XP/Vista compatible

Pricing and Availability

The full version of AmpliTube Hendrix Anniversary Collection is priced at $99.99/€79,99 (ex. tax), as a digital serial-number delivery that can be purchased inside the AmpliTube Custom Shop or from the IK Online Store. Previous users of AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix and AmpliTube 3 will be eligible for a special upgrade price of only $39.99/€29,99 (ex. tax) or 50 Gear Credits in the Custom Shop for a limited time.

Each of the new models will also be available individually inside AmpliTube Custom Shop with a price ranging from 20 to 30 Gear Credits - the currency used inside Custom Shop for single gear purchases.
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

Thought i'd try this and also the Slash and fender which i bought today.....an IK amplitube 3 update day for me!
I HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS SO...why not.
Only the Slash simply wont Authorize..?

i try again and again and it keeps asking me to install the slash before i can authorize...which i install over and over.....and still no joy.....f'ck?!?!

is there a problem for me being on mac os 10.6.8 or is IK to blame?
It seems as if they mixed the link to 'slash' up...and it just downloads the wrong item or something?
it only links to the full installer? and sends me round the houses again....and the Authorization fails to implement...again.
Brian @ IK
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Gear maniac

All AmpliTube Custom Shop based titles use the same installer (and AmpliTube 3 CS software). The difference is only in what is unlocked. (Any AmpliTube model can be purchased in the Custom Shop and will be unlocked, along with any of the collections, such as AmpliTube Fender or Ampeg SVX, etc.)

So just make sure you install the v3.10 update that was released today.

Check your User Area to make sure that AmpliTube Slash is present. It should be, but if not, try the Authorization Manager again (also make sure you installed the latest Authorization Manager and Custom Shop application during the v3.10 update process.)

And after all that, if the Slash gear is still not available inside AmpliTube CS, then open the Custom Shop application, and click the Restore My Gear tab. All should be set then.
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian @ IK View Post
And after all that, if the Slash gear is still not available inside AmpliTube CS, then open the Custom Shop application, and click the Restore My Gear tab. All should be set then.

Cool.....thanks for your help!
eb7
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
eb7
Gear addict

Quote:
an expanded and updated version
So have all of the old models been redone to match the quality of the newest stuff?
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb7 View Post
So have all of the old models been redone to match the quality of the newest stuff?
It seems that the old models are still the same, no modeling enhancements.
eb7
7th February 2013
Old 7th February 2013
eb7
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Slash View Post
It seems that the old models are still the same, no modeling enhancements.
Have you tried it out? (I would, but I can't demo the new stuff, as my music computer isn't hooked up the the internet) It certainly looks like the old stuff.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have you tried it out? (I would, but I can't demo the new stuff, as my music computer isn't hooked up the the internet) It certainly looks like the old stuff.
From a KVR post of Brian :

Quote:
The new JH Gold is the "enhanced" S100.
We kept the original too for continuity.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

That's correct.

The JH Gold is the Plexi remodeled from the ground up.
It is now on par with the JCM Slash.
The existing models are unchanged. They were already improved with the release of AmpliTube 3.

So going from AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Edition 1.0.3, you will notice a difference in the quality of the dynamic modeling and the flexibility of the cabs. But going from AmpliTube 3.9 to 3.10, you won't notice a difference.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's correct.

The JH Gold is the Plexi remodeled from the ground up.
It is now on par with the JCM Slash.
The existing models are unchanged. They were already improved with the release of AmpliTube 3.

So going from AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Edition 1.0.3, you will notice a difference in the quality of the dynamic modeling and the flexibility of the cabs. But going from AmpliTube 3.9 to 3.10, you won't notice a difference.
Alright.

But is it true to say that since the release of AT3, you improved your modeling technology a LOT ?

Meaning that if all the Hendrix amps had been redone, they would sound way better (not saying they sound bad, but that there is still room for improvement) ?
eb7
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
eb7
Gear addict

It's probably just as well. Seeing as I have until Sunday to finish this project, the last thing I need are updates to models that I've been using for five years.

50 credits is still a good deal for what one gets.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

Yes, K-Slash, that can be truthfully said.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
50 credits is still a good deal for what one gets.
And if you need to purchase credits, by the way, you can use JamPoints for them.
So that's a mere $25 out of pocket.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, K-Slash, that can be truthfully said.
Good to know.

Anyway, I can't wait to give a shot to the new Sunn amp with some bass samples.

I'm sure it's going to sound great. Just wish that you'll add at least one Sunn vintage cab in the future.

I never have enough bass amps.

That said, I can't wait for the new T-RackS gear, if I remember right, there should be at least 1 new gear model this month, and a GUI update for those like me who make nightmares after using the British Channel .
eb7
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
eb7
Gear addict

Quote:
And if you need to purchase credits, by the way, you can use JamPoints for them.
So that's a mere $25 out of pocket.
I loaded up during the 4x1 promo, so I'm good for awhile. It's just a question of what to use them on.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear addict

Brian, I'm a bit confused now. I bought the JH Gold and Silver, love them both.
But I'm perplexed as to which Jimi hendrix amp models I actually have.

I bought JH years ago as a separate product, and installed it alongside Amplitube 2. I also bought Amplitube Fender, Amplitube Metal, and Amplitube
Ampeg SVX, all as separate packages. They are all installed on my Mac Pro,
and I have just updated to 3.1.0 on that computer.

I also have the latest version of Amplitube 3 (3.1.0) installed on my laptop.
But even though I do NOT have the separate collections installed on my laptop, they all appear inside Amplitube 3.1.0 on my laptop.

I thought that in order to run different collections within Amplitube 3, Amplitube 3 had to "see" those collections installed on the computer it was running on. But apparently that is not the case. So, when I launch Amplitube 3.1.0 on my laptop, which versions of JH am I using? I should add that I always run "Restore My Gear" from the Custom Shop before exiting.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

AmpliTube Custom Shop unlocks all of the gear from your registered AmpliTube-powered software. Installation of individual software collections is no longer necessary. AmpliTube Custom Shop is the only one you need installed, and you will have the latest version of all your gear. You can add more gear by purchasing individual models through the Custom Shop, or entire collections.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Hey Brian,

I really like your stuff, but why are the levels of the presets often so horribly matched?
Some presets clip hard at the output even with moderate input signals, others have massive output headrum!

It would make it a lot easier if the levels were somewhere in the same ballpark...
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear nut

I'm liking the JH1200 on a bass DI more than I thought I could. Pleased isn't the start of it. It's funny.. I would have never looked into the the Hendrix series because I don't listen to Hendrix but these are turning out to be my favorite amplitude offerings by far.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveminister View Post
Hey Brian,

I really like your stuff, but why are the levels of the presets often so horribly matched?
Some presets clip hard at the output even with moderate input signals, others have massive output headrum!

It would make it a lot easier if the levels were somewhere in the same ballpark...
All I can say about that is the presets were created at different times with different equipment by different people with different input levels for different mixes. They can be very subjective depending on all of those factors, and can sound incredible in one situation, and terrible in another. I personally think of most of them as being starting points or for demonstration purposes only, with the exception perhaps of the Slash and Jimi Hendrix discography presets, and even there you need to be using the right guitar in the right position, etc.

But - we model gear. Accurately. That's what we are about. Some other developers put their focus on presets instead. Our philosophy is that you're going to grab the IK gear you want and twist some knobs until you find your tone, just like you would do with the hardware we model. So it's not really about us, it's about you - which is why we have the user-driven Preset XChange.
Brian @ IK
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by solveforq View Post
I'm liking the JH1200 on a bass DI more than I thought I could. Pleased isn't the start of it. It's funny.. I would have never looked into the the Hendrix series because I don't listen to Hendrix but these are turning out to be my favorite amplitude offerings by far.
You found the ideal usage for this amp!

The Sunn 1200S was actually developed to be a bass amp with A LOT of power (around 1200 watts - no, not a typo!) Hendrix used these amps and also modified Coliseum PAs for for a period, just for the sheer volume they put out - but it was actually the Experience's bassist, Noel Redding, who used this amp throughout his entire career.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
All I can say about that is the presets were created at different times with different equipment by different people with different input levels for different mixes. They can be very subjective depending on all of those factors, and can sound incredible in one situation, and terrible in another. I personally think of most of them as being starting points or for demonstration purposes only, ...
That´s exactly what they are.
But as IK is providing more and more gear models, the presets become more important when choosing the right amp for a given situation.
When I step through the presets, and a guitar with 6dB headroom clips some settings on any stronger note while other presets are 12dB softer compared to the loudest ones this is just a bit too much variety...
Quote:
But - we model gear. Accurately. That's what we are about. Some other developers put their focus on presets instead.
Some developers provide excellent gear models AND incredible useful presets - and IK multimedia would be one of those if they decided to let one of their staff members fix the presets which are off the most.
Might be 2 hours of work.
8th February 2013
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Some developers provide excellent gear models AND incredible useful presets - and IK multimedia would be one of those if they decided to let one of their staff members fix the presets which are off the most.
True, or even better, by some of their "featured artists".
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

I also agree that the preset volumes need to be better ...
It would help loads not to have to think about it all the time...

Perhaps it's just not possible...?
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

Ah 'loudness'. Ever the Holy Grail of sound engineering.
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
That´s exactly what they are.
But as IK is providing more and more gear models, the presets become more important when choosing the right amp for a given situation.
When I step through the presets, and a guitar with 6dB headroom clips some settings on any stronger note while other presets are 12dB softer compared to the loudest ones this is just a bit too much variety...

Geez, doesn't anyone program anything anymore? You can do the "two hours of work" yourself!

It's not hard - start by turning some knobs on the interface and see what happens....that's what "save" is for, so you can adjust sounds to your liking and then "save" them. And you'll get a hands-on education as to what the various controls do.
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Gear nut

9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Brian,
I'm looking in the custom shop now and I only have an option to buy the JH upgrade (I don't own the original version but do own all of A3). So my question is: do I qualify for the upgrade price or do I still need to buy the full version of JH and then the upgrade?

Sent from my iPad
Logic 10.0.6, DP 7.24, PT 10.3.7, Reaper 4x, Apogee Symphony, professional 4 room studio great for songwriters and producers.
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

I bought the upgrade to Jimi Hendrix Anniversary. It sounds really good, but new Tape Echo almost fried my converters, speakers and my ears as I ran it in my session at 88.2 Khz sample rate. Loud squeal, ran my converters all in red, then bypassed the sound but converters outs were still in red. I needed to restart...really dangerous thing.
9th February 2013
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
All I can say about that is the presets were created at different times with different equipment by different people with different input levels for different mixes. They can be very subjective depending on all of those factors, and can sound incredible in one situation, and terrible in another. I personally think of most of them as being starting points or for demonstration purposes only, with the exception perhaps of the Slash and Jimi Hendrix discography presets, and even there you need to be using the right guitar in the right position, etc.

But - we model gear. Accurately. That's what we are about. Some other developers put their focus on presets instead. Our philosophy is that you're going to grab the IK gear you want and twist some knobs until you find your tone, just like you would do with the hardware we model. So it's not really about us, it's about you - which is why we have the user-driven Preset XChange.
I'm sorry but this just sounds like a cop out. Right before the public release of new products would it really be that much to ask to have someone run some pink noise (or a rhythm guitar loop) through the new presets and then adjust accordingly? Even if it's just the Master output level knob?

Anyway, judging by this video HOLY CRAP THESE SIMS SOUND NICE! Definitely buy.

Exercise Gear: 400 lbs. of plates, two pairs of dumbbells, Weider 148 bench,
Weider Power Stack, treadmill, Shake Weight, gloves and New Balance running shoes.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search