Behringer Firepower FCA 1616
Old 24th January 2013
Gear interested

Behringer Firepower FCA 1616

Hey guys!

Has anyone heard or seen any news about the Firepower FCA 1616? I have been waiting for it since it was announced last year. After several rounds of postponing, the last information was that there will be news at NAMM, but now I can't find any...
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

Don't spend your life waiting for unreleased Behringer stuff. Sometimes it just never happens and you should have been enjoying something else :-)
Old 25th January 2013
Gear interested

"The FCA1616 will be available sometime within the first quarter of this year." That is the reply which I received on 2013.01.11 from care@music-group.com in response to my query about USA availability.

Also, during a conversation earlier this month with WorldMusicSupply.com (where I placed my pre-order) the salesperson stated that the FCA1616 showed up on the Behringer dealer web site with pricing and other info early in January. So maybe it is not vaporware.

But Foghole has a valid point -- the practice of announcing products 12+ months before availability tends to make me a little skeptical about Behringer product announcements, particularly if timing is important.

Last edited by eelliott; 25th January 2013 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: additional info, typo
Old 25th January 2013
Gear nut

Yes getting people interested in gear they can't buy for a year (or maybe 2) does seem odd (& frustrating).

Still waiting for the ada8200 - was meant to be shipping last year, now the line is it should ship in 2013.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

when the FCA1616 was first announced, it was spec'd as having "world famous xenyx preamps" (ahum), it should have been released then...

However, they didn't release it, and soon after the supposed release date, they changed the announcement to the current form, which implied having Midas preamps instead (which, should be better) I don't exactly recall when that was, but it's been quite a while ago. I think, since the hype was somewhat over about the FCA1616 (and the smaller one, 1610? i don't remember), they decided to wait for this year's NAMM show (which is now), and releasing it soon after that...

At least, that's what I hope, that they release it "soon"
as I hope the same for the ADA8200...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Head

I hope they used this extended time to write and test a good, stable driver and a functional software control panel (routing stereo audio streams from DAW to different hardware outs, so that we can switch between e.g. 3 different monitor pairs connected to the interface; a software "mono" switch not only for headphones, but also for monitors would also be useful).

If FCA1616 is reliable and practical (and the software is essential here!), Behringer could take over all those users orphaned by M-Audio. And that's a huge crowd.
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

Hm... looks that there is some hope. They updated the list of features on the FCA1616 web page, and now we can read: "smooth cross-fading between inputs and DAW playback signals while your record sessions". I'm curious how this is EXACTLY implemented.
Old 27th January 2013
Gear interested

So what's the price point on this?
Old 27th January 2013
Would-Be-Teaboy

There's been a number of changes in the last year to mic this an awkward release. Firewire support - is it a neccesary cost? Midas pre's? The release of the X32.

I'm hoping they're modifying the design and not binning it - but with no mention so far at NAMM, you'd have to wonder!
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

Regarding my own post above: Seems that I misinterpreted the text from Behringer website. I thought (cause I wanted to!) that it refers to switching between DAW outputs, and generally to a (software) control panel/router/mixer. Now I realize that this only refers to the front panel knob marked "mix bal".
Old 8th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisca View Post
So what's the price point on this?
This thing's showing as low as $225 somewhere and 250 at most others. That's as cheap as some of the 2x2 USB crap I've got around here. Looks interesting if it turns out solid enough (or turns out at all).

Shame about this new red color thing though. After a while everybody will come to recognize it from a distance.

Take Care
Old 16th March 2013
Gear interested

FCA1616/FCA610 Quick Start Guide available

Quick Start Guide (click Documentation dropdown, not Downloads)

o Internal PDF date is 2013.03.03.
o States that there will be a Full Manual (p. 1). It is not yet available for download.
o Windows requires FCA-unique drivers for USB and Firewire (p. 27). These drivers are not yet available for download (I checked the product pages and the Support pages.) Note that special drivers are not required for the Mac. Note that there is no mention of driver support for Windows 8, Vista 64-bit, or Windows 7 32-bit.
o Individual controls and connectors are documented (p. 14).
o The reference to "bus powering" (available only via Firewire in the brochure) has been eliminated; AC power is always required (p. 27; p. 20 step 2). An AC adapter has always been part of the package. There is still no power switch.
o Preamps are specified as "MIDAS Design" (p. 27), which is consistent with the web page Overview. (The brochure says XENYX.)
o The brochure has not been updated, i.e., the internal PDF date is still 2012.11.05.

So, there has been some progress but the first quarter 2013 availability timing which I was given by Behringer in January appears to have been a bit optimistic.
Old 17th March 2013
Gear Head

No trace of any software control panel for routing signal from computer to different physical outs (like in M-Audio FireWire/ProFire and other similar interfaces). Bad sign...
Old 17th March 2013
Gear interested

Outputs only support balanced connections?

The brochure states "Outputs accept both balanced and unbalanced 1/4" connections" but the labeling on the unit in both the brochure and the Quick Start says "LINE OUT (BALANCED)". And the specs in the Quick Start only mention balanced (p. 26).
Old 18th March 2013
Gear nut

Hello all:
Uli got me an answer about eh FCA and the new ADA8200.
They are making them starting April and then will ship afterwards. I think June will ne a good date.
The reason is due to drivers.
You can follow this thread at:
Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A - Page 23
Hope that they will come.
dan le
Old 23rd March 2013
Gear interested

FCA1616/FCA610 availability target is now late 2013Q3

Old 16th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan le View Post
You can follow this thread at:
Uli Behringer of The Music Group Q&A - Page 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer
The ADA8000/ADA8200 should not be used with any models of the MOTU 2408 audiointerface under the following circumstance:
- The MOTU 2408 is connected to a MOTU PCI-424 card and operating in PCI Mode under computer control
- The ADA8000/ADA8200 SYNC option is set to SLAVE and the clock input is being supplied from the MOTU 2408
- The optical output from the ADA8000 ADAT interface is connected to an ADAT input on the MOTU 2408
Weird. So there actually was a problem between those two after all. I thought it was just my particular setup. I wonder if it was a MOTU issue or an Alesis.

Thanks for the link!
Old 11th June 2013
Gear interested

bhphoto saying 2013.07.20

BHphoto is forecasting availability on July 20th.

The Firewire and USB drivers are now available on the Behringer site.
Old 19th June 2013
Lives for gear

Alright, who's gonna be the first one to buy this bitch? It's supposed to be shipping now. I'm still pretty set on getting one, but I'm in no hurry.

George
Old 28th July 2013
Gear interested

BHPhoto now saying September 20th

BHPhoto now saying September 20th availability (formerly July). The saga continues.
Old 28th July 2013
Gear nut

Thanks Eelliott for informing us. I did go to BH Photo and you are right, now it says September.
But it is strange that Uli said that they started producing it in May.
Just strange.. Why can't they come out and say the reason for the delay.
it is just like the government. Full of secrecy. That nobody cares.
dan
Old 28th July 2013
Would-Be-Teaboy

Thomann says they can get them: Behringer FCA1616 - Thomann UK

The production line can't deal with the demand is probably the issue. It's going to be hard to get them for a few months.
Old 4th September 2013
Gear interested

I pre-ordered one of these from Sweetwater. Just got it last week and first impression is that it sounds fantastic and was a breeze to set up on my MAC Pro running Cubase 7. Even though the Behringer web site says that the ADA8200 is "coming soon" there is an eBay vendor, AudioBargain, that claims to have a few for sale right now. I have 2, early datecode, ADA8000s for sale. As soon as they are gone, I will add the ADA8200 to my rack as well.
Old 6th September 2013
Gear maniac

I have had an FCA-610 fca610 for a few days and have been testing on both Cubase on Win7/64 and logic x on osx 10.8.4. A/B'ing with a Focusrite 2i4, that's also a good-sounding box at that same price.

They evidently came out with the FCAs last year and withdrew them to redesign (at least) the pre's.

The 610 has 4/8 analogs, w/ 2 pres,
the 1616 is 8/8 w/ 4 pres and 8 inserts(!).
The 610 ($199 street) has stereo SPDIF on optos and RCA,
the 1616 ($249 street) adds 8 channel Adat and SMUX.

The 1616s may be hard to get at that price for a while - would you pay list?

See my comments on the other FCA1616 thread. I think it's a game changer at the perfect price point.
Old 23rd September 2013
Gear interested

Like LeeSteel above, I just got one of the first FCA1616's from Sweetwater. Still putting it through its paces, but so far, very stable on PC/Win 7-64/USB. Amazing functionality, and sounds very good so far. Fernand, thank you for your great comments on the other more in-depth thread you mentioned. I will post there as well, as I use the unit more. Bang for the buck seems almost too good to be true. Let's hope not.
Old 26th November 2013
Gear interested

I just got the behringer FCA 1616 and I'm trying to hook up my Peavey Kosmos V2 spectrum enhancer. I cannot get an signal thru the Kosmos V2 using the inserts on the rear of the 1616, why?. I'm using Ableton live 9 suite as my daw and I have an brand new Sweetwater 250 computer. Do I have to buy the behringer ADA 8200 for more inputs?, I thought using the inserts could accommodate external processors?. The Kosmos V2 has two inputs and two outputs with an subwoofer out as well, please help!, the Kosmos is an vital part of my sound as all audio has to pass thru it to achieve my huge 3D sound.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search