Login / Register

NAMM: Waves Manny Marroquin Sig. Series Collection Available Now.
New Reply
Subscribe
Grahamdwc
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Super Moderator

Software NAMM: Waves Manny Marroquin Sig. Series Collection Available Now.

Waves Audio announces the Manny Marroquin Signature Series Collection, custom plugins developed in collaboration with GRAMMY® Award-winning mix engineer Manny Marroquin (Rihanna, Maroon 5, Shakira). The collection consists of six plugins: Delay, Reverb, EQ, Tonal Shaper, Distortion and Triple D (DeEsser, DeHarsher, DeBoxer).

Five-time GRAMMY® award-winning mixing engineer Manny Marroquin takes the Waves Signature Series to a new level with six hybrid plugins that bring his unique workflow to your studio. Alongside his personalized versions of tried-and-true favorites like EQ, reverb, delay and distortion, Manny introduces the innovative new Tone Shaper and Triple D plugins which are destined to become mixing essentials as well. Combining inspiration from his impressive collection of unique and boutique hardware, together with the fruits of his imagination, the Manny Marroquin Signature Series gives you direct access to the same tools Manny uses to mix hit after hit after hit.

The Waves Manny Marroquin Signature Series Collection will be available soon.

Link: Manny Marroquin Signature Series | Bundles | Waves
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear nut

You go Manny! Hope that was a nice paycheck. :-)
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

So whats the word on AAX or AAX DSP?
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to cjguitar Send a message via Skype™ to cjguitar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
Yes please!
Grahamdwc
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Super Moderator

24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Triple D is what i want to hear , really
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Anyone know if these newly announced plugins will be included with Mercury? I would think so, but I don't want to assume ...
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013

The delay looks pretty cool. And, the Triple D sounds interesting. Actually everything with a D could be interesting (distortion, too).
Gear Sales - High Profile Audio
Plugin Deals - PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PluginDiscounts
PluginDiscounts Twitter: https://twitter.com/PluginDiscounts
24th January 2013
Old 24th January 2013
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

Send a message via Skype™ to Doc Mixwell
Looks cool
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
The delay looks pretty cool. And, the Triple D sounds interesting. Actually everything with a D could be interesting (distortion, too).
lol tru Delay , disto , reverb , doubler , phaser on a single plugin ....cool
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
No AAX DSP Period. This Digi thing is not even new just a computer without a screen. Very disappointed in this crap.

Smoke and mirrors.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Waves and their signature series.......mmmmm.........am I the only one who finds all this a bit gimmicky? IMHO, the previous incarnations sounded ok to good, but not brilliant.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier View Post
Waves and their signature series.......mmmmm.........am I the only one who finds all this a bit gimmicky? IMHO, the previous incarnations sounded ok to good, but not brilliant.
Agreed. Signature series stuff is marketed to novices who don't know how to sculp their own sounds. Sure there might be some times when one of these is useful but it's a gimmick IMO.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to mattrixx Send a message via Skype™ to mattrixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveswisher View Post
Agreed. Signature series stuff is marketed to novices who don't know how to sculp their own sounds. Sure there might be some times when one of these is useful but it's a gimmick IMO.

The whole point of the sig series stuff IMO is I am guessing, about exploration. I have not been the least interested in them, as everything is available and more controllable in the individual processors within the WAVES bundles themselves.
I have nothing bad to say about WAVES. They've been great for me, as has the support on the few occasions I've needed it over the past ... is it really nearly 20 years?!!!
I can still pull up sessions on many of my chosen DAWs from the past and the new versions still pull the settings from the past. This can't be said for many of the newer companies and their plugs.
NI have only just got that sorted with Kontakt 5!

www.mattrixx.net
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

the signature series aren't used here for mix ..but when i produce on the fly for an artist and record him , as you knwo he want's to go out with his stuff and , bam signature CLA on vocals to make them sit quik ...puigchild on buss +LA2A for choruses ...and voila , print and give ...

Those are damn good for those kinda of purpose ...or just put one during tracking on the vocal bus , when you do overdubs and each previous take is then sitting well ...

i never went deep into the FX ones but from what i heard on the first contact , it's quite really good ....

Not for everybody , but for sure i could mix with only those ...if i had no choice

MySpace : http://www.myspace.com/zoakajeezo

YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ZozillaT...t?feature=mhee

Cutthroat to the bone !

"People became used to use money they do not have to buy things they do not need to impress others who do not care"
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

People brush off these signature series as "beginner toys" but I will say that CLA Guitars is used by many professional engineers in my circle including myself. They did an excellent job on that one. Can't say that about many of the others in the Signature Series.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Manny has always done an amazing job for me and is one of my faves...plus he always makes my gtrs sound great. I am excited to have the manny vibe in the box... I especially love what he does with vox.

ej
Grahamdwc
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Super Moderator

I feel no shame in saying that most of the signature bundles are really useful!

Graham
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Alelouyah !! lol
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I feel no shame in saying that most of the signature bundles are really useful!

Graham
You're right, sometimes it's just what you need. Stick it on a track & dial in a sound quickly.
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
the signature series aren't used here for mix ..but when i produce on the fly for an artist and record him , as you knwo he want's to go out with his stuff and , bam signature CLA on vocals to make them sit quik ...puigchild on buss +LA2A for choruses ...and voila , print and give ...

Those are damn good for those kinda of purpose ...or just put one during tracking on the vocal bus , when you do overdubs and each previous take is then sitting well ...

i never went deep into the FX ones but from what i heard on the first contact , it's quite really good ....

Not for everybody , but for sure i could mix with only those ...if i had no choice
Nailed it on the head there!!! I can't tell you how many times I throw on the sauce with the Maserati or CLA stuff after a day of tracking when a new client starts to act nervous and says things like, will it sound more together later? Then I do a quick dirty with these bundles and all is well be cause they start to see what things could be at the end. However, when I get to the real mix I use them soaringly and opt fir what they di usual needs, but as you says in your list they are very helpful in certain situations

Sound Waves Recording
25th January 2013
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

yep and most of the time the first instinct tweaking are my refernce ruff mix for future mix of the track
26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
Anyone know if these newly announced plugins will be included with Mercury? I would think so, but I don't want to assume ...
+1

Could someone at the show ask them if the new plugins will be added to mercury?
26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

i think so , all signature have been included , + after the wup stuff they need to make all mercury owner calm down lol ....

WE WANT more , WE WANT More !!!!
26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Music CrAZy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

WE WANT more , WE WANT More !!!!
No man, actually I don't want more - I want better quality.
For me, Waves is just settling on mediocrity - that new synth for instance: If you set out to create a new virtual analog synth it better be good. Like 4 oscillator + sub osc, creative effects, really good filters etc.

But that "Element"? Or REDD? Hmm, not convinced.

It seems to me they rather release something new every few months than to come up with something really good (like the CLA comps or the PuigChild 660 was).
I would also love if they updated existing bundles. E.g. the SSL collection could be augmented by an SSL 9000 channel strip. The V-Series could use a 33609 emulation etc.

Stop discounting everything like crazy and releasing stuff we already have.

Sorry to vent.
26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobymusic View Post
For me, Waves is just settling on mediocrity - that new synth for instance: If you set out to create a new virtual analog synth it better be good. Like 4 oscillator + sub osc, creative effects, really good filters etc.

It seems to me they rather release something new every few months than to come up with something really good (like the CLA comps or the PuigChild 660 was).
I would also love if they updated existing bundles. E.g. the SSL collection could be augmented by an SSL 9000 channel strip. The V-Series could use a 33609 emulation etc.

Sorry to vent.
+1
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:

Sorry to vent.
Yeah... gonna have to disagree with you. These folks work pretty hard and make - arguably - the best Native plugins out there. They just released REDD, remember? (That's a helluva set of plugins.)

People who bash Waves for not doing exactly what they want - when they want it - never cease to amaze me.
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sorry to vent.
isn't that "More" ?
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

anyways, are there any videos/audio or at least photo/specs on MM series? especially the triple D?
27th January 2013
Old 27th January 2013
Gear nut

Not going to complain at all and will check these out but still desperately hope the next release (and included in Mercury!!!) will be an algorithmic reverb on par with the current flock of great reverbs available.
Pretty sure I'm not alone in this either
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search